Are you a proactive and motivated individual keen to gain work experience in the Mental Health Care field?
We are looking for an Activities Coordinator with a passion for delivering excellent care to develop, plan, implement activities for our patients on a full time basis.
As an activities coordinator you will providing activities to patients across various service lines within the hospital. Your main job role will be to co-ordinate, design and deliver a co-produced, personalised activity programme, that is occupationally balanced, risk-assessed and fully resourced, so that all individuals have the opportunity and are encouraged to engage in at least 25 hours of meaningful activity each week.
You will be working 40 hours per week on a rota basis and need to be flexible to cover a 7 day service including lates and weekends.
In this role you will:
- Support Occupational Therapy team in delivering meaningful activity to patients
- Complete interest checklists with individuals to identify their activity preferences
- Contribute towards the planning, coordination and delivery of personalised therapeutic activity programmes within established protocols using indirect supervision, working autonomously and as part of a team.
- Create and update activity risk assessments, in relation to timetables.
- Ensure the provision of staff, space & materials for all activities
- Share information effectively and concisely in routine situations (effective daily documentation; attendance at meetings to handover information; face to face handovers of information to colleagues)
In return we’ll offer you:
- Strong career progression opportunities, including into management roles
- Monthly reflective practice, expert supervision & peer support
- Opportunities for learning & development
- Blue Light Card – giving discounts at many retail outlets and services;
- Simply Health – offering you the ability to claim for Optical and Dental spend as well 24/7 access to a GP service and other benefits.
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- “Cycle to Work” scheme & employee discount savings
Cygnet Woking/ Woking Lodge is a 91 bedded hospital with a variety of different wards, including two locked rehab wards (male), two low secure services (male and female) , two acute wards (male and female) and a PICU (female). We have a designated qualified OT and OTA on each ward as well as Activity Coordinators supporting the activities around the hospital. Our environment has a holistic focus and includes a gym, ADL kitchen, Recovery College, Hair Salon, library, Tuckshop and other therapeutic spaces
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
Click apply now or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Reference: CYG34950