This is a fantastic opportunity to join Cambian Pengwern College at a really exciting time and to play an integral part in the team approach to supporting the positive change and reinvigoration of the College. The senior leadership team has a clear vision for the growth of the service and is in the process of overseeing a number of ongoing developments. The College has a proud and successful tradition of supporting young people between the ages of 16 – 25 to build valuable life skills and gain qualifications and confidence that will support them on their journey towards future independence.
Purpose of the role:
As the Admin Assistant you will be responsible for the provision of administrative and clerical support within the college, undertaking a key role in providing a first-rate customer service both internally and externally. You will effectively liaise with a range of stakeholders, work with the admin team to support with the recruitment of new staff and training for college staff, you will oversee the development and effective running of all systems and procedures within the college, covering finance, personnel, student matters and general administration
Key Tasks for Administration Assistant are:
· Take responsibility for Petty Cash ensuring it is balanced on a weekly basis
· Oversee weekly pre-payment card checks
· Process Invoices
· Complete weekly finance spreadsheets
· Assist with the co-ordination of Staff Training
· Assist with staff recruitment
· Keep good, accurate financial, management and administration records, which are easy for others to access as required.
· Assist in the maintenance of administration and computer filing systems.
· Assist in the maintenance of existing databases and in establishing new databases.
· Assist in the collating and updating of inventories.
· Carry out office procedures including: reception, photocopying, sending information by fax, email, answering telephone and redirecting calls as necessary.
· Update student and staff information as necessary.
· To send out letters to professionals and staff as required
· To be responsible for co-ordinating stationery requests, checking deliveries and maintaining stock levels.
· Type miscellaneous letters.
· Participate in meetings and training events as required.
· Minute meeting as and when required
· Be responsible for the maintenance of appropriate resources, equipment and appropriate Health and Safety standards in all areas of responsibility.
· Undertake other duties as required by the BFM.
· An excellent organiser
· Excellent attention to detail
· Ability to work to strict deadlines
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Able to prioritise and work without constant supervision
· Competent with spreadsheets and databases
· Fast and accurate typing/word-processing skills
. processing internal HR paperwork
. Experience using Excel and Word
. Collating documents and information for Monthly submission to head office
. Inputting personal data and administering a central register.
We pride ourselves on being an Equal Opportunities Employer. And we are committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people and service users within our care. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks.
Location: Rhyl, LL18 5UH