Advanced Practitioner – Assessment (Children’s Social Work) – Permanent
- Job Title: Advanced Practitioner – Assessment (Children’s Social Work)
- Job Location: Tewkesbury, Cheltenham, Gloucester & Stroud
- Salary: £41,591 – £44,624 per annum
- Hours per Week: 37
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: ongoing
- Job Requisition Number: 2680
- Open to Job Share or Part- Time Hours
We are currently recruiting for Advanced Practitioners in our Cheltenham, Gloucester and Tewkesbury Assessment teams. To find out more about our teams, click here. We would welcome part- time applications to.
For all your hard work. You will receive the following;
- Between £43,516- £46,549 per annum subject to experience
- Annual retention payment of £2,000
- Flexible and agile working opportunities
- 25.5 days annual leave rising to 30.5 days after 5 years continuous service
- An option to purchase 10 days of additional leave per year (pro-rata for part-time staff)
- Family friendly policies and benefits to help support you and your family
- Supportive and positive working environment with regular, robust supervision
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) that provides free, confidential, counselling and advice for employees, available 24 hours a day, online and by telephone.
- An in-house Occupational Health service
- Employee discount scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Links to employee networks such as Prism (LGBT+) and the Young Employees Network
- Career development and qualification opportunities
- Access to our Social Work Academy
- Paid SWE registration renewal*
About The Team & Role
Right child, right support, right time, every time
Gloucestershire’s vision is “to work together to give every child the best possible chance of a remarkable life, especially those children who are disadvantaged and vulnerable.”
We have ambitious improvement and transformation plans to create the optimum conditions within which our staff can make a real difference and improve outcomes for children.
We are a local authority adopting, and training all colleagues in, systemic social work practice. If you would like to join an authority that takes a relational approach to working with families and focuses on what needs to change in the system around a child and family to enable children to thrive, then consider a role with GCC.
Our team structures are designed to ensure there is the right level of support available to staff and that caseloads are kept at a manageable level with a Team Manager, Advanced Practitioner, 4 Social Workers and an ASYE making up each team’s full complement of staff. We need resilient, driven individuals who will play their part in making our vision for Children’s Services a success. You will be joining an authority with a strong set of values that underpin the work we do: Accountability, Empowerment, Excellence, Integrity and Respect. For more information about our values, please click here.
As an Advanced Practitioner, you will be instrumental in delivering a first-class service which will provide the best outcomes for the children and young people of Gloucestershire. You will be a resilient, driven individual who can play your part in making our vision for children’s services a reality. Taking on a protected case load, you will work to create the best outcomes for children and young people with complex and challenging needs, risks and circumstances.
You will take a lead in promoting and supporting quality control and improvement activities within the team and across the service and support performance activities. Your role will also include providing supervision and management oversight for the practice and development of Trainee Social Workers on placement and NQSW within the team.
As well as your experience as a frontline social worker, there are some things we require of you to be successfully appointed to this post:
- Social Work England registration
- Experience at Senior Social worker level
- A recognised qualification in Social Work
- To have passed your Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE)
- A full driving licence and willingness to drive
- Enhanced DBS clearance
How to apply
For an informal chat about this role, please email CSWRecruitment@gloucestershire.gov.uk with your name, number and what you wish to discuss and a member of the team will give you a call within 48 hours.
To ensure a personalised and responsive recruitment experience, all applicants will receive a call from the recruitment team to discuss this role, where you would like to practice and in what area, and to book you in for an interview.
*Please note, all our welcome payments and retention payments are non-contractual, pro-rata for part time staff and subject to National Insurance and tax deductions.
To access the Job Profile for this role, please follow the link below:-
This Position is subject to a DBS check.
Gloucestershire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people or vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We want to be an employer of choice, attracting and retaining excellent people to work for us, so that we can best serve all of Gloucestershire’s diverse communities. Our promise to you is that we will provide an inclusive and supportive working environment that enables you to bring your whole self to work and realise your full potential.
It is a legal requirement, under the Immigration Act 2016, that anyone appointed to a ‘customer facing role’ must be able to demonstrate an ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in fluent English.