Salary: To £35,000 + excellent benefits package
Shift hours: Full Time
We want to make life better for more people. Are you as passionate about quality as we are, and do you want a role where your skills will make a real difference? We are looking for a dynamic and independent professional experienced Nurse who is motivated and passionate about safe high quality care, to provide clinical governance at Rapid Testing Sites covering the Midlands and South regions. You will be responsible for staff management and clinical governance, working with a team of non-clinical area managers.
As an Area Clinical Lead, you will work as part of a dynamic team in delivering a safe and effective COVID-19 testing service. You will be responsible for delivering training, clinical oversight and operational compliance across a number of testing centres within defined regions. This includes ‘train the trainer’ for assisted testing and ensuring all policies, systems and process that are defined as part of the overarching clinical governance framework are implemented and operationalised.
The Area Clinical Lead role will form an integral part of the assisted tester framework, ensuring the delivery of a safe and effective service. You will ideally be a qualified nurse, with experience of training and team management and will be responsible for clinical oversight at test sites. In particular, you will be responsible for:
- Site visits to carry out audits and competency checks
- Working with L&D, providing the training (train the trainer) process for Test Supervisors
- Providing the professional supervision of Testing Supervisors.
- Advising testing supervisors on ensuring appropriate daily clinical safety assurance checks are completed and recorded.
- Ensuring the clinical incident management SOPs are implemented and adhered to on site.
- Ensuring any clinical incidents are promptly assessed, graded and managed appropriately according grade.
- Reporting all incidents to the Medical Director on a weekly basis or immediately if grade requires
- Disseminating any outcomes from clinical incident investigations to Test Site Leads.
- Form part of “the working groups” to support Pilots, deployment and evaluation of new test devices and development and updating of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other Authority material
- Deputising for the Medical Director as required
Ideal experience would include
- Current/ previous registration as a nurse with the NMC & Nursing qualification
- Previous management/ service delivery experience within a clinical setting
- Effective communication skills in public facing settings (written and verbal), and can demonstrate ability to adapt to differing demographic groups
- Competent in the use of IT equipment (for use in both e-learning and team communication) and applications (familiarisation with digital processes and systems, such as, online e-learning platforms and virtual communication applications)
- Proven ability to deliver key elements of an integrated clinical governance framework including:
- Incident management – reporting, escalation, and investigation
- Identification and dissemination of lesson learnt
- Professional leadership
- Experience in infection control
- Problem solving skills with strong, proven ability to make quick decisions
- The individual will need to be DBS cleared
- 2 + years’ experience in delivering training assignments in different environments
- Has a Certificate in Training Practice (CTP) or equivalent
- Competent at carrying out both online and face-to-face training and assessments
- Experience in managing compliance against regulatory guidelines
Location: Midlands/South, England