Join our fantastic GettingPersonal.co.uk team as an Assistant Buyer.
Getting Personal, now based in Wakefield, is a market-leading online-personalised gift retailer and part of the Card Factory Group. Created in November 2005 with a pioneering personalised calendar, Getting Personal has experienced substantial growth and now offers over 10,000 unique personalised products across a variety of gifting and non-gifting categories.
Scope and purpose of the role
The core objective of the role will be to take ownership and responsibility for supporting the Buyer in developing a product range that meets customer needs and helps us maintain our position as a market leader in personalised gifting.
Reporting to the Buyers
This position is remote working, but you may be asked to attend our Head Office just outside Wakefield.
- Support the Buyer in developing seasonal product ranges that stand out from the crowd;
- Research the market and competitor propositions to identify gaps and opportunities;
- Co-ordinate the set-up of all new products, ensuring all information is accurate and that critical path deadlines are met;
- Carry out pricing research to ensure that our prices are competitive whilst also achieving margin targets;
- Liaise with the Design Studio to co-ordinate the flow of new designs and product photography;
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers to ensure stock and pricing information is kept up-to-date and that all new product opportunities are flagged to us;
- Liaise with the Stock Co-ordinator to ensure timely and accurate booking in of stock;
- Assist Customer Services in resolving customer product queries;
- Handle and resolve supplier queries;
- Support the Buyer in producing product analysis and reports;
- Support the Social/PR Manager in sourcing product samples for bloggers, influencers and journalists;
- Accompany the Buyer at trade shows and on buying trips as required.
- Have a can-do attitude,
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise your work load,
- Ability to work at pace and hit deadlines,
- Good collaborator,
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders,
- Have strong negotiation skills,
- Have an understanding of online and personalisation.
- Strong Excel skills.
Up to £22,000 dependent of experience, plus benefit package