At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
Are you a passionate and dynamic Quarry Supervisor or Assistant Quarry Manager looking for your next role?
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Quarry Works Manager to join our fantastic team here at our Bayston Hill site, close to Shrewsbury in Shropshire. The role is easily commutable from Telford, Bridgnorth, Oswestry, Welshpool, Wolverhampton and the surrounding areas.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Works Manager; as the Assistant Quarry Works Manager , you will assist in the day-to-day safe running of a Large Gritstone Quarry, Asphalt and Recycling site. You as the Assistant Quarry Works Manager will also be responsible for:
- Co-ordinating the day-to-day operation of the team of Supervisors, Operatives and Contractors
- Ensure Daily KPIs are recorded accurately
- Work closely with maintenance team/contractors to co-ordinate maintenance activities during a normal day and during shutdowns
- Liaise with customers regarding delivery and quality issues
- Team Management and Supervision
- Administrative and compliance duties
- Using computer systems (Fortek, SAP, Excel, and similar platforms)
- Investigate incidents and breakdowns
- Adhering to Health and Safety policies and procedures and encouraging others to do so along with being accountable for the safe running of the site and to encourage others to improve Health and Safety standards
- Assist the works manager in improving site conditions, culture, and performance
To be successful in this role of Assistant Quarry Works Manager, the ideal candidate will have experience within a similar Supervisor / Management position within quarrying sector. You will also as the Assistant Quarry Works Manager:
- Essential – Degree qualified, ideally Derby APS Degree, or in the final year of study – consideration will be given to candidates with an associated Engineering Degree and industry experience
- Essential – Extensive experience of management/supervision within quarries and have been appointed as an 8.1 (either c or d)
- Essential – Attained SHE level 4 and working towards or attained level 6
- You will have excellent communication, organisational skills and timeframe driven
- Be able to liaise with stakeholders of varying seniority levels
- Be knowledgeable for Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Attained Level 3 geotechnical
- Have experience of Blasting and of Asphalt production
- Have Managed budgets
Salary: Highly Competitive + Benefits + Bonus
Location: Shrewsbury, Shropshire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/47943/2915