Salary: 11.50 – 11.50
Shift hours: Full Time
We are looking for a proactive AV technician to join our team in Brentford. To provide prompt audio visual (AV) support and AV equipment to all meeting rooms, ensuring these rooms meet the approved standards and configuration prior to meeting start. As a member of the AV Front of House team you are considered to be first line in AV support, assisting with unified communication including basic IT help and Events support.
- Provide a warm and professional services to our client and guests
- Perform daily room checks to ensure the audio visual equipment in the meeting rooms and executive offices are tested and in correct working order at all times.
- Setup AV equipment as requested by the client and/or Guest Services team
- Setup all Video Conferencing calls
- Setup meeting room layouts as requested by the client or Guest Services Manager
- First line fault-finding on audio-visual equipment
- Raise and communicate any defeats, foreseeable problems and maintenance to Guest Services Manager at the earliest opportunity
- Support the delivery of AV requirements for any corporate presentations and events
- Briefing and recommending our clients in the best solution for their AV requirement for their event.
- Ensure that spare equipment is maintained in a serviceable state.
- Liaising with 3rd party suppliers
- The ability to take on-board instructions and to follow them through competently
- Ability to handle feedback in a calm, structured and professional manner.
- Carrying out first line maintenance during non-presentation time.
- Communicate effectively with all team members and inform of any delays or foreseeable conflict
- To show flexibility within the role and be prepared to assist when necessary
- To liaise with Guest Services team, cleaning and other departments to ensure the smooth operation of the department
- To present yourself in a professional manner at all times
- To carry out any reasonable management request.
- Ensure the legal & company requirements for fire, health, safety & hygiene are met and bring to the attention of your line manager any areas of training you feel you need or have missed
- A high level of customer services in prestigious environments.
- Experience with focusing on individual customer requirements and care whilst meeting required service levels.
- A keen interest in AV & Network technology
- Knowledge of IT Networking
- Knowledge of AV terminology
- Meeting room booking systems – specifically EMS
- Excellent communication skills with a keen eye for attention to detail
- Enthusiastic with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Calm under pressure
- Customer focused with the ability to understand the needs of a client/visitor
- Self-motivated and able to think ‘outside of the box’ in order to deliver a ‘best in class’ service
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Dealing with complaints whilst maintaining a professional outlook and positive attitude
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Committed to ‘getting’ the job done without compromising service levels and professionalism
- Able to work flexibly in accordance with business needs
Location: GSK House – Brentford, England