Shift hours: Full Time
Do you promote great standards and take pride in running an efficient and high-performing operation?
Do you enjoy leading others, inspiring and supporting them to achieve their full potential?
Do you like the idea of being placed at the heart of the community, working for the East of England’s largest independent retailer?
Retail is fast-paced and constantly evolving; but you already understand this. You know that quick-thinking, a positive outlook and embracing change are all key to thriving in this dynamic environment.
You’re a true operator and will strive to ensure that your branch is at its ‘A game’ at all times. You’ll be committed to driving consistent high standards and promoting legal compliance, as well as making sure that the service your store provides exceeds our members’ and customers’ expectations at every opportunity.
You won’t do this alone; key to our success is our skilled, engaged and diverse branch teams. You’ll take the same pride in seeing your colleagues achieve their full potential, as you do in realising your own. This role is as much about coaching and supporting your team members, as it is trading the shopfloor.
- Lead and support the branch team
- Ensure that the branch delivers exceptional standards and customer service
- Growing the branch’s turnover and profitability (e.g. managing costs, including personnel)
- Make sure that the branch is operating safe and legally (including acting as the DPS)
- Establish the branch as the convenience retailer trusted most by its local community
- Build relationships with other stores, customers and Head Office/support colleagues
- Promoting membership
We’re pleased to offer a home delivery service in a number of our stores which is operated by our in-house teams. If there is any requirement to drive in support of this service, this will be discussed with you as part of the recruitment process.
You don’t necessarily need to have managed a store before – we will provide you with the training and skills you need to succeed – but you will have demonstrated first-class team leadership in previous role(s).
- Experience of working in a food retail or customer service environment
- Great interpersonal skills, able to effectively communicate with stakeholders at all levels
- Commercially astute
- A confident decision-maker
- Driven, determined and resilient
- Good level of literacy, numeracy and IT literacy
- Self-aware, with commitment to continued professional and personal development
Location: Swan Street, Sible Hedingham