Salary: £41,338.81 + great benefits
Shift hours: Full Time
Our UK Healthcare segment have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Building Supervisor to join our Estates Hard Services team at Queens Hospital, Romford.
Sodexo Healthcare work by the side of healthcare organisations in both the public health (NHS Trusts) and private healthcare sector, using science, technology and global experience to enable human-centred care.
To be successful in this role you should have experience in a similar job, it would particularly suit a qualified carpenter with great leadership skills. Your focus will be carrying out a wide range of Building and Fabric works, fault finding and repairs ensuring planned preventative maintenance (PPM) Statutory, Routine and reactive work is carried out. You will be responsible for a team of 7 to supervise.
This is a great opportunity to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
You don’t just join Sodexo, you belong
Join Sodexo and you become part of a worldwide, extended family. Team spirit is strong and encourages people to stay long-term. You can bring your whole self to work every day and we cant wait for you to join the team!
- Providing advice on building fabric matters to the Estates management team
- Supervision and support of the building maintenance team
- The provision of a reactive maintenance service during normal operating hours of the hospital
- Advice and input on building fabric planned preventative maintenance and its effectiveness
- Manage life cycle replacement projects in conjunction with commercial manager
- The supervision of data collection for the building fabric
- Responsible for maintaining a good and consistent standard of discipline and time keeping within the workshop
- Ensure good communication exists between workshops, and that work requiring different trades is programmed correctly and user departments are kept in-formed for access availability etc
- Responsible for planning and distributing the work to respective craftspeople
- To provide guidance and identify necessary training for craftspeople
- Responsible for reviewing ongoing performance levels from data/ reports
- Responsibility for a service activity/ working group for ensuring compliance with all relevant health and safety legislation and site specific health, safety and welfare policies
- NVQ, City & Guilds in Building, management qualification
- Consistent proven experience in building maintenance ideally within the NHS
- Proven experience of managing employees within a service environment
- Experience in budgetary control
- Experience of construction design management regulations (CDM)
- Excellent communication skills
- Capable of working in a demand driven service
- A detailed knowledge of current building regulations
Location: Romford, England