*£500 Welcome Bonus *£1000 Recommend A Friend Bonus!
Salary- £25,000 pro rata
Contract type- 12 Month FTC (View to extend)
Working hours- 20hrs Per week, Mondays, Tuesday and Fridays
Spark of Genius is one of Scotland’s largest residential child care providers. For over 25 years, we have been delivering high quality care to young people who need to be looked after. Spark of Genius is also part of the UK-wide CareTech family who are committed to providing each child with opportunities to have their individual needs met.
About the Role
We are recruiting for a part time Business Development Coordinator to join our team at Spark of Genius on a fixed term basis until January 2025 with the hope of extension.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent Administrator, able to prioritise own and others workloads, able to work well with systems and identify resolutions or methods in which to work more efficiently. You will also have a good eye for detail.
In your new role
To provide comprehensive, effective and efficient administrative business support for the organisation. Primarily supporting Residential Homes, Training Department and Senior Management. To achieve this, you will:
- Receive and effectively distribute referral calls to appropriate management and manage accurate logs of statistics based on referral information.
- Effective organisation of meetings and diary management, accommodation/travel booking for SMT.
- Have an awareness of SMT information requirements and provide statistics, reports and information as requested so as to incorporate into business planning.
- Compile regular information for SMT, census, SCIS, local authorities, training, reports and large-scale tenders.
- Research contacts for referral improvements in various sectors.
- Providing update to Parent company on starters and leavers
- Managing a database of young person’s information ensuring a precise record exists.
- Ensuring confidentiality of YP information in line with Data Protection and new GDPR requirements following policies as required.
- Planning training courses to cover the needs and requirements of the organisation and local demands
- Ensure sufficient goods and stationery supplies throughout HQ
You will ideally have:
- Experience within a busy office environment
- Experience in the care sector in a similar role
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages especially Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Children’s Hearings and the various education and social work authorities (Desirable)
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to keep all information confidential at all times
In support and recognition of our colleagues who will help us deliver our employer strategy, we offer a fantastic benefits package. This includes;
- Competitive Rates of Pay
- Free PVG check
- Pension Scheme
- Free Training
- Paid Induction
- *£1000 Recommend A Friend Bonus!
- *£500 Welcome Bonus
Due to the nature of the role, it will be necessary for all employees to be subject to a Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check by Disclosure Scotland and achieve membership of the scheme prior to commencing work with us. CareTech will cover the cost of this check.
Any data received in applications will be used for recruitment purposes within Spark of Genius and CareTech only.