Shift hours: Permanent
The Business Development Manager’s responsibility is to manage the bidding process, closing multiple tenders and new business proposals to achieve an annual sales target. The BDM will need to learn and follow a defined sales process, from the initial first appointment with a client through to contract negotiations and signature.
The role will be selling to education clients in the school’s sector, predominantly in the Midlands and surrounding areas . These can sometimes be complex tender processes and as such an eye for detail, a sound commercial understanding and an ability to manage multiple steps of a process and multiple internal & external relationships is pivotal.
The ideal candidate will need to successfully build and manage relationships with multiple stakeholders both inside and outside of the business and form a close relationship with the operations teams. This will coincide with building and managing a new business pipeline whilst responding to OJEU public procurement tenders.
The BDM will need to have a sound commercial understanding and in turn use this to develop winning and deliverable financial proposals. This will be combined with an ability to listen and understand a client’s requirements before articulating them into high scoring written responses.
- Close new business opportunities to achieve annual sales target for both revenue and profit
- Develop successful client relationships
- Develop successful consultant relationships
- Developing business in new markets and looking for new growth opportunities
- Identify and gather market intelligence
- Be a thought leader and demonstrate a high level of knowledge about the education sector
- Previous sales experience in a Food/Cleaning Business
- Target focused
- Knowledge of selling education contracted services within foodservice, retail and facilities management industries
- Highly literate and numerate
- IT and computer literate
- Competent in all Microsoft packages
- Proven track record of exceeding sales targets
- Experience of managing the end-to-end sales process
- Development and delivery of a sales strategy that maximises potential sales and profitability. The system will encompass: completion of the commercial models (client and Compass), resources, allocation of responsibilities, process monitoring, approvals and data security.
- Proposing and gaining agreement for tender submissions that cover the needs and expectations of all internal and external stakeholders
- Reporting the performance of the Sales Team submissions and the provision of management recommendations to meet KPI targets
Support the provision and continued development of a supply chain solution in our tender bid submissions that meets our compliance principles