Business Director (9-12 month fixed term contract)
Wood Lane, London, W12
Spark Foundry make up part of a thriving global media network and are part of the Publicis Groupe, one of the world’s leading communications groups. We are globally connected with over 8,000 employees in 110 offices across 70 countries.
Who We Are in the UK?
Spark Foundry, the Acceleration Agency.
We help brands to identify, learn and respond to opportunities faster than the competition.
Every client has an area of their business they need to accelerate, from short-term goals to long-term transformation.
We’ve proven our approach during the most difficult year on record. Now we’re using it to provide a launchpad for their future.
Come be an accelerator with us.
How we accelerate
- Planning: an approach that works in practice rather than theory, arming planners with the ability to create cutting edge campaigns
- Intelligence: a suite of tools that give definitive answers to big questions, and uncovers actionable insights about real people
- Trading: a model built on flexibility and trusted relationships, underpinned with bold guarantees
- Relationships: a culture of asking challenging questions to better understand the brief – we are not a ‘yes’ agency
- People: a strong history of recruiting talent from diverse backgrounds and accelerating their careers
We are diverse though our experience, people and the clients we look after – and we celebrate that diversity. Our people hold us accountable to our beliefs and via regular surveys and our grass roots D&I team, The Collective, and internal next generation board, Firestarters, we hold regular events and work continually towards generating ideas, initiatives and educating our people to ensure we are a diverse and inclusive agency.
As part of our dedication to create an inclusive and diverse workforce, Spark Foundry is committed to equal access to opportunity for people without regard to race, age, sex, disability, neurodiversity, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
We are hiring a Business Director on a 9 to 12 month fixed term contract. This role has a start date of November/December 2023.
Who doesn’t know the family-run French multinational cosmetics company Clarins?! With a huge heritage in the women’s skincare market and a diverse portfolio of products across Skincare, Make Up, Professional Treatments and Retailers, this is an eclectic, dynamic and fun brand to lead.
Our media campaigns extend beyond traditional media, with sponsorship and partnerships becoming more prominent and digital innovation taking the front seat.
The client loves to be challenged as well as be involved in the making of workshops to discuss business challenges, running ideation sessions or identifying new key projects. It is all an integral part of the development and delivery of our successful campaigns.
More recently, myBlend, sister company to Clarins launched into the market. Launching earlier in the year, this premium Nutri, Derma, Tech brand is in the infancy stage of its journey and boasts a very exciting future ahead.
- You will be the day-to-day support for your client group, helping them create best in class media planning, strategy and account handling.
- Develop innovative solutions that challenge our clients to think differently and positions their brand as category leader.
- Quality control on all plans and proposals before they are shared with the client.
- Lead the creation and sell in of award-winning intuitive planning across the Clarins and myBlend account, support planning skill development across the wider team.
- People management skills and a positive attitude under pressure are essential: you will be the key client contact for planning output on the account.
- You will report to the Managing Partner and be responsible for maintaining strong relationships with all the investment teams and fostering new ones with the rest of the Publicis.
- Stewarding of planning team, reporting to the Managing Partner and supported by 3 Directors, Senior Executive and Executive.
- This role would benefit an ambitious, driven and organised individual who has the vision and skills to move brands forward.
- You need to have great communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills – our clients like to be challenged but with diplomacy.
- Close attention to detail, people management skills and a positive attitude are also crucial.
- You will need to have a firm foundation in both traditional and digital media and able to develop ideas to deliver business results.
- Able to take a lead role in responses, implementation of campaigns and management of reporting.
If you have any adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.