Salary: £27041 – £32910
Shift hours: Full Time
An opportunity has arisen in the Business Systems Team. This is a fast paced working environment, incorporating a wide variety of skills.
The Business Systems Team provide support to over 2000 business customers across Social Care and Education, including internal colleagues and external organisations. The team deliver support on user queries, application incidents and develop system and process improvements.
It’s great to know that you are interested in working with us at Coventry City Council. As a prospective employee, it is important that everyone who works for us is committed to our One Coventry values and shares our commitment to becoming a more diverse and inclusive organisation.
Our Values are:
What is the job role?
Working closely with colleagues across the Adult Services Department, ICT and Performance Teams, you’ll deputise for the Business Systems Manager and provide expert support to the users of the Adult Services Departments main business systems to ensure good quality and timely record-keeping and effective use of corporate financial and physical resources.
You will lead on the development of systems, users and processes to ensure the systems are up-to-date, relevant and supportive of the work and priorities of the directorate, its staff and customers. As part of this role you will have responsibility for providing first line support relating to the systems financial processing functions.
Who are we looking for?
Someone who can:
· Lead Business Systems functions including support desk, projects and direct the activities and priorities of staff to meet varied and multiple objectives within identified time-scales.
· Plan the development and extension of current application use across the Directorate to ensure that use of unsupported systems is minimised and data is appropriately managed. Work in close collaboration with ICT to ensure business cases are made, plans created and changes delivered to time.
· Facilitate collaborative working with key stakeholders and lead practice-based meetings to ensure that system developments promote good practice and Service Managers are provided with advice and guidance to enable the systems to be used to their full potential in accordance with the relevant policies.
For full details on the application process please read the attached document on our jobs page labelled ‘Coventry City Council Application Process’
Interview date: 22nd July 2021
Introduction to Coventry City Council
Coventry is a lively, multicultural city, which embraces old and new. Around the modern city centre there are traces of history everywhere – in the old city walls, the timber-framed buildings and the reconstructed medieval Spon Street. But Coventry has always had an eye on the future, and is now firmly focused on regenerating and re-inventing itself to meet the challenges of the 21st Century. With major developments and new projects taking place right across the city, Coventry City Council is the place to be!
There’s a huge buzz about the city – Coventry ranks as the 8th best city to live, work and do business in the UK, and is the UK City of Culture 2021 ! We believe this will help put Coventry on the map for all the right reasons. You can feel the sense of local pride throughout the city as we build towards this momentous year. It also offers a unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to those joining us to play their part in it.
We genuinely believe that Coventry City Council is a special place. You will be joining Coventry City Council during an exciting time to become part of a team that contribute to achieving our visions for the city. We have made our council a place where we look after our people, making sure you’re happy in your work and given everything you need to succeed. We’ve created friendly, welcoming workplaces where everyone is working towards the same cause, providing the best possible services for the city of Coventry.
As a council with improvement at its heart, we’re committed to making life better for the people who live and work in Coventry. We’re equally concerned with the quality of life enjoyed by our people, so by joining us, you won’t just be helping the community, you’ll be helping yourself too.
Not only do you get to work alongside great people that are helping to improve services for our community we offer great benefits too! For your valued contribution we will provide a fantastic benefits package including;
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous annual leave allowance starting at 27 days and rising to 32 days
- Pay progression through multiple increments
- Outstanding local government pension scheme
- Learning & Development with access to certified courses.
- Access to an award winning Occupational Health Team
- Vibrant employee networks
For full details on the application process please read the attached document labelled Coventry CC Application process.
Location: Coventry, CV1 2GN