Salary: £24000 per annum
Shift hours: Permanent
We’re recruiting an experienced Cafe Manager who is passionate about exceptional food and world-class customer service, and who can confidently motivate our team to be the best they can possibly be for a major High Street brand on a full time basis, contracted to 40 hours per week.
As a Cafe Manager, you will have the presence and personality to influence the day-to-day business, helping us deliver truly incredible food experiences. In return, you’ll have the opportunity to progress your catering career with a company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
Could you shine as a major High Street brand’s next Cafe Manager? Here’s what you need to know before applying to be a Cafe Manager with Compass Group UK&I:
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing delicious food to the highest standards
- Managing our culinary and catering teams to ensure we continue to deliver impeccable food and customer service
- Overseeing the catering operations, including completing weekly business returns, monitoring budgets, and implementing action plans
- Communicating regularly with your line manager to monitor KPIs and targets
- Representing Compass Group UK&I and maintaining a positive brand image
- Supporting and training our teams, leading from the front to make sure everyone can excel in their role
- Implementing and reviewing Health & Safety standards to ensure compliance across all catering and service teams.
Our ideal Cafe Manager will:
- Have previous management experience in a similar role
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Be passionate about great-tasting food and exceptional customer service
- Demonstrate brilliant financial acumen
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Hold a Basic Food Hygiene certificate
We ensure you’re rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways programme
As part of Compass you’ll help to feed people, fuel progress and forge connections in around 6,000 venues. Join us to grow your career with the industry leader, and get competitive pay, great perks and unrivalled opportunities for learning and development, at one of the UK’s biggest businesses.
Job Reference: com/1608/87207001/52506550/BU
Compass Group UK&I is an equal opportunities employer, committed to cultivating diverse and inclusive environments for every employee.