Our multi-award-winning organisation is looking to recruit a Care and Support Worker to join our Retirement Living Service. The role of Care and Support Worker is based on a rota basis which may include evening and weekend shifts. This is a pivotal position to help ensure our residents live a meaningful life and feel involved within their community.
The role of Care and Support Worker will involve the delivery of Care Services within our Retirement Living Service to excellent standards.
This post is for 25 hours per week £11.05 – £11.25 per hour, over 3 days per week . There may be extra hours available on occasions to cover sickness or annual leave.
Week 1 – Sat 8.5hrs – Sun 8.5hrs – Mon 8hrs – late shift so finishing at 9pm
Week 2 – Mon 8.5hrs – Tue 8.5hrs – Thur 8hrs – middle shift 9 to 5 or 5.30
Week 3 – Mon 8hrs – Sat 8.5hrs – Sun .5hrs – early shift starting at 7am
What you will be doing
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work as a Care and Support Worker in our friendly and dedicated team. This is a key role supporting residents. You will:
- Assist residents with personal care, preparing meals and domestic tasks
- Implement and monitor care & support plans to meet the individual needs of a diverse group of Tenants
- Contribute to building community spirit within the resource through participating, encouraging, enabling and facilitating social events that meet the needs of diverse tenants
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will:
- NVQ level 2 in Health and social Care (Desirable, not essential)
- Previous Experience within a Care or Health setting.
- Excellent communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships
- Ability to work shifts (including weekends and evenings)