We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, these include:
- Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 27 days annual leave per year, 28 days for senior managers (pro rata, depending on how many hours per week you work), plus bank holidays. An additional 5 days, linked to continuous service, and ability to purchase up to 6 weeks additional leave per year.
- Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection.
- Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more.
- Car Lease scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme – We have an employee support programme run by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation. Health Assured is available for you and your immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A variety of flexible working options
- Our West Ways of Working – We want our workforce to thrive, and we equip our employees with the right technology to support hybrid and collaborative working, on or off site, depending on the role.
- Making a difference – If you want to use your skills and experience with an organisation that are genuinely invested in making a difference, are committed to improving people’s lives, and whose success has a direct impact on the wellbeing of your family, friends and people in your local area, then West Northamptonshire Council is the place for you.
The council is in the process of implementing a new pay structure and terms and conditions which will be applicable to this role. The outcome could result in a future variation to the advertised salary, and this will be discussed at interview.
About the role
Obelisk House provides exceptional levels of support in residential and Dementia care.
It is situated in a residential suburb in Northampton and it offers a wonderful living environment in which our residents can enjoy an enhanced quality of life
We have teams of friendly and committed staff who provide the highest level of dementia care and residential care.
With our great accommodation and facilities and a programme of activities, our care home evoke a home from home atmosphere in which our residents can feel comfortable, content and very well cared for.
What will you be doing?
As a Care & Support Assistant, you’ll support people to gain their independence, helping them to regain confidence to reach their goals and retain skills. You will support individuals to make choices around their personal care and needs, encouraging good nutrition and hydration and prompt socialisation and engagement in activities. Another important area of your role is to ensure that clear and accurate documentation is completed, and any concerns are reported to the Shift Leader or Nurse on duty.
- Helping customers to get washed and dressed.
- Providing manual handling support and personal care.
- Providing medication support in a timely manner.
- Liaise with health professionals.
- Reporting any concerns or incidents to senior members of the team.
- Arranging and taking part in activities with members of the community.
- I really care about others
- I like to help people
- I enjoy being active
- I’m a good listener
- I can understand how others feel
- I’m a practical type of person
- I’m observant
- People can rely on me
You don’t need previous experience in social care, or qualifications, we will provide all the training and support you need to give you the skills and confidence be able to care for our residents.
If you can say yes to the statements above – we’d love to hear from you.
Career development and training opportunities
Our team’s learning and development is very important to us. It ensures we have the right people, with the right skills, doing the right job. We are committed to career development and have a variety of career pathways, for those who want to progress or specialise
All new starters are required to complete the Care Certificate, if not already completed previously, alongside mandatory training within their induction period. Courses are updated throughout your employment.
We’re a new council, following one of the largest shake-ups in local government
reform in recent history. As a new authority, we’re embarking on an exciting journey
to deliver exceptional services for our residents, customers and
Our vision at West Northamptonshire Council is ‘to make West Northants a great
place to live, work, visit and thrive’. We truly stand by this and work hard every day to
make this a reality. Our corporate values, THRIVE, stand for: Trust, High Performance,
Respect, Innovate and Empower, they underpin everything we do and how we deliver
At West Northants Council, it’s about our people. People who thrive with
ambition, bubble with new ideas, demand better ways of working, caring about every detail,
and who never shy away from a challenge. Our culture is a gateway for new experiences. A
place to forge new opportunities. To empower you in your career and unite you with like-
When potential is unlocked, talent thrives.
Choose a career that offers you a true sense of achievement, fills you with pride and
challenges you in a positive way, every day.
West Northants Council, where careers thrive.