As a Career Progression Coach, you will be responsible for helping people who are currently in work identify and reach their career goals. Each successful participant will write their own action plan, complete it, and progress their career, all thanks to your support.
You will be working as part of the Skills Team, who will ensure you have everything you need to succeed in your new role.
Your primary base will be in Yate but you will be out and about across South Gloucestershire for most of the week.
What will you be doing?
- You will work with young people and adults who are currently in work, providing support and guidance to progress into more sustainable and higher paid careers. you will work with colleagues across the West of England Combined Authority region as part of Future bright, an Employment Support Innovation Pilot (ESIP), funded by DWP.
- You will be the participants’ main point of contact, gaining their trust and developing a deep understanding of their needs.
- It will be your responsibility to help participants visualise their ideal career pathways, identifying barriers and opportunities and guide them through an agreed action plan.
- You will identify upskilling and training opportunities, help them search and apply for new roles and supporting them throughout the recruitment process.
- You will mentor and coach individuals to build confidence, increase motivation and encourage positive behaviour change to fulfil participants’ true potential.
- You will analyse the suitability of existing available support and identify any gaps in provision.
- You will deliver your project targets to contribute to the overall achievement against the required outcomes