Salary: Starting at £13.00 Per Hour and we contribute up to £20 on travel expenses
Shift hours: Part Time
We currently have an opportunity for a forward-thinking chef who is passionate about culinary arts to join our team at Ascot Racecourse on a casual basis. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading venue, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression. If you are passionate about the events/hospitality industry and have prior experience as a chef, we invite you to apply today.
• Preparation and cooking of food
• Ensuring the kitchen areas are clean and tidy
• Delivering a world class customer experience to our customers and staff
• To organise and assist in the preparation and presentation of all food service at the required time, and as laid down in the Service Level Agreement, and the clients, customers and Sodexo’s satisfaction.
• To ensure that all food prepared with due care and attention, particularly in relation to customer’s special dietary requirements, for example nut, dairy or wheat allergies.
• Proven track record of employment within the catering industry
• Must have the following qualifications or equivalent: – City and Guilds 706/1 and 2, NVQ level 2, training and apprenticeship and possess a basic level food safety certificate
• Good numerical and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
• Knowledge of health & safety and food safety
• Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
• Able to demonstrate attention to detail
• Experience, ideally in a contract catering related environment
• Good customer service and communication skills
• Demonstrative ability to work in a team
• Show the ability to follow instructions and supervise a small team
• Can evidence Food Hygiene and Health and Safety certificates
Location: Ascot Racecourse, England