Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today, but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently seeking a Certification and Centre Manager to join our team at our awarding winning National Skills and Safety Park, Nether Langwith, Nottinghamshire. This role is easily accessible from Worksop, Mansfield, Chesterfield, Newark-on-Trent, Ripley, Matlock, Sheffield, Nottingham, Rotherham and the surrounding areas.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The role of Certification and Centre Manager is a varied, complex and rewarding position. As well as overall responsibility for the Safety, Health and Welfare of all on site and the day to day running of the National Skills & Safety Park facility you will also be responsible for:
- Ensuring all equipment and areas are maintained to Tarmac standards, procedures and or legislative requirements and maximising training delivery at the Safety Park
- Leading and managing a team of 6 who will deliver the internal training, assessment and certification of operational training for all mobile plant across all business units
- Co-ordinating and planning all training ensuring full use of internal and external training resources
- Building strong relationships with senior managers across all business units to gain their commitment to the programmes
- Communicating and co-ordinating with operations teams to ensure consistency of attitude & minimum competency in skills and knowledge is maintained
The successful candidate for the role of Certification and Centre Manager will also ensure:
- All SHE policies and procedures are implemented and maintained across the site
- NS&SP complies with all planning conditions that for part of our permissions
- Statutory inspections are carried out in the required timescales and resulting actions resolved in a timely manner.
- Competence of operational staff is accurately tracked
- Monthly training KPIs are developed for the training team to cascade
- Training Managers reduce the gaps in competence and deliver qualifications in a timely manner
- Plant & Machinery conforms with safety requirements at all times
- Centre policies and procedures are implemented and quality assurance processes followed
The ideal candidate for the role of Certification and Centre Manager will be required to be the Quarry Regulation 8 appointment. As Certification and Centre Manager you will need to have the Level 6 Safety, Health & Environment Management, an Internal Verification Qualification and Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement.
Suitable candidates will also demonstrate:
- Ability to influence and persuade managers
- Attention to detail critical
- Achieving goals against tight deadline
- Management experience of operational activities
- Experience of driving results
- Evidence of working collaboratively
- Ability to cultivate innovation
- Experience of attracting and developing talent
Salary: Excellent Salary + Benefits + Bonus
Location: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/111/3485