Salary: £13 per hour
Shift hours: Permanent
Monday to Friday working , no evenings or Weekends
Do you want work life balance whilst also having opportunities to progress in your career?
We’re currently recruiting an ambitious Chef to help us create exceptional food experiences for ESS on a full time basis. As a Chef, you will be responsible for preparing and serving the kind of food that truly brightens our clients’ and customers’ days, all within the market-leading food service company in the UK. In ESS you’ll get given every opportunity to progress within a company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
Could you bring your passion and culinary skill to ESS? Here’s what you need to know before applying:
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing delicious, high-quality food that delights our clients and customers
- Overseeing and implementing menu changes
- Identifying opportunities to improve our food services
- Listening and acting on customer feedback to consistently improve our food services
- Supporting with the creation of new menus and creative food concepts
- Representing ESS and maintaining a positive brand image
- Monitoring inventories to keep our kitchens well-stocked
- Overseeing kitchen cleaning responsibilities to maintain hygiene standards
- Complying with Food Handling, Hygiene and Health and Safety regulations
Our Ideal Chef will have:
- Proven experience in quality catering environments.
- Excellent people skills, able to lead and develop a team.
- Passion about food and customer service.
- Superb culinary skills.
- Strong financial and commercial acumen.
- High standards and quality driven.
- Excellent organisational & communication skills.
- A ‘ Can Do ‘ attitude.
Part of Compass Group UK&I, ESS is the Defence, Government, and Energy services sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. We support 250+ UK military establishments, high profile police, secure environments and government sites, along with a range of onshore and offshore facilities including platforms, drilling rigs, floatels and offices for the energy sector. We know that a friendly face makes all the difference, so we look for people who are passionate about delivering excellent customer service, at all levels, to join our teams.
Job Reference: com/0710/76698001/52520466/SU
Compass Group UK&I is an equal opportunities employer, committed to cultivating diverse and inclusive environments for every employee.