Salary: Up to £24,000
Shift hours: Full Time
Are you passionate about food? Do you enjoy working within a team and truly thrive working in a kitchen that caters to high volumes?
We are currently recruiting for a Chef D Partie to join our Sodexo team on site in the beautiful V&A Museum, Dundee. You will be responsible for working alongside the Head Chef to ensure the kitchen delivers a high quality food service at all times, and management of the kitchen staff.
If you are a pro-active, confident Chef D Partie who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and has Level 2 Food Safety and Hygeine, and Health and Safety certifications, apply now!
- Ability to understand and be aware at all times of food costs and percentages, and understand how daily departmental costs influence profit and loss results
- Monitor stock movement, and minimise kitchen wastage
- Deputise for the Head Chef and run the kitchen in their absence
- Assist with the provision of training and development for department staff in kitchen procedures
- Ensure knowledge of the product is maintained and communicated to all relevant personnel
- Work with the Head Chef to ensure the mis en place is completed
- Report any maintenance issues to the Head Chef / Manager immediately
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, and food hygiene policies in line with regulations
- Previous experience catering to high volumes in a fast paced environment in a similar position
- Level 2 Food Safety and Hygeine, and Health and Safety certifications
- Computer literate with a good understanding of Food costs and P&L’s
- Proactive, team-player with excellent time-management skills
- Confident with strong communication skills, able to interface at all levels
- Highly organised, with the ability to remain calm under pressure and operate in a busy environment
Location: V&A Dundee 1 Riverside Esplanade, Dundee, Scotland