Salary: c£30,00pa +benefits
Shift hours: Full Time
Here at Sodexo we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Chef De Partie who will cover our exciting new “roaming role” for this prestigious private healthcare group. You will be based at one of the many state-of-the-art hospitals where the focus is 5* dining and the patients come first. You will ensure food is delivered in a clean safe environment ensuring all areas of safeguard, EHO and Nuffield policies are adhered too. You will manage all aspects of staffing and be responsible for the smooth running of patient and staff feeding whilst also ensuring all requests are completed within the required timeframe. This is a great opportunity for someone keen to gain experience within different settings offering you the consistency of a years work and great opportunity for career progression.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).
A DBS is required for this role
- To pass all internal and external audits such as safeguard, EHO and Nuffield audits
- Train all members of the team using the Sodexo GREAT training cards, induction, Nuffield training, passport training and competency observations
- To ensure the weekly rotas are complete in the correct time frame and labour is managed within budget agreements
- Comply any reasonable requested by your line manager in the required time frame
- Complete any reasonable requested by Nuffield in the required time frame
- HR issues are dealt with in accordance to training
- Liaise with the hospital director and client’s team
- Work in line with IIP Gold standards and maintain the sites accreditation
- Order all provisions in line with Sodexo ordering policy and using Recipe on line or for non-food goods using nominated Sodexo suppliers
- Ensure that all areas of this brand-new kitchen and food service areas are kept clean and well maintained. Reporting any defaults to client and helpdesk and ensuring completion of outstanding issues
- To ensure completion of all the Sodexo SMS paperwork, temperatures, electrical checks, COSHH, HACCAP etc.
- Prepare, cook and present a high quality catering service to patients and staff 365 days a year. Ensuring meals are served at the correct times, within the company’s standards and to the agreed specification of the contract.
- Ensuring all areas of Food Safety and Health and Safety standards across the business are adhered to.
- Comply with all company and statutory regulations relating to Health and safety, food safety management, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH.
- Assist in the service of meals as required.
- Maintain a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness.
- Communicate well and demonstrate a pleasant, polite, efficient, caring and friendly service to our customers and clients in all areas of service, which Sodexo provide.
- Participate in any necessary training and team meetings as required.
- Work as a team to promote harmonious working relationships within the Sodexo team
- Comply with all Sodexo Company policies/procedures and client site rules and regulation
- Previous catering experience
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff at all levels
- Time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
In line with Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required as part of the recruitment process.
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will also be required
Location: London & South East, England