Hourly Rate ..
Location: Bishops Way, Seacroft,
Salary: £14.50 (Hourly Rate ..)
Caterlink is the education sector catering specialist. For over 20 years, the Company has delivered fresh food solutions to pupils and staff at Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across the UK. The company caters more than 1,000,000 meals a week. Our “Fresh Food Policy” is the foundation of our success and growth in the market coupled with a desire to truly deliver on the promises we make to our clients and support our site-based teams.
Overall Purpose of the Post To be responsible for the whole academy catering provision, developing and progressing the catering provision to deliver healthy and high quality meals that meet Nutritional Standards. To ensure the attractiveness of catering provision including food presentation and the eating environment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To be responsible for oneself and working colleagues for a high standard of hygiene and safety under the Food Safety (General Food Hygiene) Regulations 1995, the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the policies of theTrust;
- To plan daily menus, making provision as appropriate for special dietary requirements, and order stocks accordingly;
- To prepare, cook and oversee the cooking of a range of food items;
- To supervise and deploy catering staff to ensure the efficient organisation of the catering service, and deal with any day to day staffing problems/issues that may arise;
- In conjunction with the Finance Team, be responsible for the accurate cost control of catering revenue and expenditure and the security of all monies, ensuring correct procedures for banking and reconciliation are met;
- To liaise with the Finance Team with regard to the co-ordination of procurement of goods and service;
- To maintain food stock levels and complete stock returns by the date required;
- To undertake routine checks of equipment, cleaning material, stationery and uniform;
- To ensure that delivery notes are checked against requisitions and any identified discrepancies are reported immediately to the supplier;
- To ensure compliance with agreed Health and Safety Policy and COSHH Regulations with regard to food, equipment, materials and general safety;
- To ensure the safe operation of kitchen equipment at all times, ensuring that necessary repairs to kitchen equipment are reported immediately and repairs arranged, taking unsafe equipment out of use pending repair; Job Title: Catering Manager Reporting to: Business Manager Grade: 7 – 10 Accountable for: Catering Staff Job Description
- To ensure that all kitchen areas are clean and free from hazards; To undertake regular risk assessments;
- To ensure that all accidents and incidents are reported, including notifiable diseases, including regular inspection and maintenance of the First Aid Box and arranging replenishment as necessary;
- To ensure that all catering personnel maintain high standards of cleanliness, personal hygiene and appearance;
- To actively contribute to development initiatives to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the service, including new ideas and food policies to support the raising of standards in the Academy and aspects of commercial viability;
- To assist in the recruitment, assessment, selection and appointment of catering personnel;
- To provide induction training for catering personnel and identify and co-ordinate necessary training and development requirements to ensure that all staff have the skills and abilities required to deliver an effective catering service and maintain appropriate records.
Deal with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the academy’s policies and procedures;
Respect confidential issues linked to home/students/teacher/academy work following the Trust’s Data Protection and Freedom of Information Policy;
Fire Marshall duties in the case of fire and/or emergency evacuation where applicable;
To comply with the academy’s Child Safeguarding Procedures, including regular liaison with the academy’s Designated Child Safeguarding Person over any safeguarding issues or concerns;
To comply with the academy policies and procedures at all times;
Undertake other reasonable duties (with competence and experience) as requested, in accordance with the changing needs of the organisation.
External: Contractors, suppliers, parents, external agency professionals, other government and local authority staff, other staff from academies and schools.
Internal: Students, staff, Board and Academy Council members, parents and any other visitors to the Academy
Level 2 qualifications in English and Maths, or equivalent
Level 3 or equivalent Food Hygiene qualification
Willingness and ability to obtain and/or enhance qualifications and training and development in the post
Experience Knowledge of current food legislation in regards to food hygiene and health and safety in the workplace
Experience of preparing, cooking and presenting food to meet quality, cost and food and health and safety standards
Safe and correct use of general catering equipment
Skills Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of audiences
Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality
Ability to use standard ICT packages including Microsoft Office
Ability to work well under pressure and manage competing deadlines
Committed to growth and development of the service, supporting special events and themes and the ethos of the academy
Ability to deliver a high standard of customer service
Ability to follow Codes of Practice and complete compliance and administrative documents/forms, keeping clear and accurate auditable records
Ability to construct menus and recipes and break down quantities and recipes
Person Specification Job Title: Catering Manager Ability to relate to students in a pleasant and sympathetic manner and to recognise potential child safeguarding issues
Understanding of academy child safeguarding procedures
Satisfactory DBS check