Here at Prezzo, we celebrate the joy of Italian dining; this starts in the kitchen and ends with the service. Every customer should leave wanting to return.
That’s why we’re looking for a passionate Chef to join us at Prezzo to help us continue offering the best possible customer experience.
First, let us introduce ourselves…
We opened our first restaurant in New Oxford Street, London, in 2000. Since then, we’ve become one of the most well-known and loved Italian dining restaurants on the high street. We’re all about bringing people together to enjoy delicious Italian classics, in beautiful settings – whatever the occasion.
We’re proud to be an award-winning hospitality employer, having been awarded:
- ‘Excellence in HR Technology’ at the HR in Hospitality Awards
- ‘Best use of Benefits Technology’ at the Employee Benefits Awards
- ‘Fair Employment’ at the Youth Friendly Employer Awards
- ‘Environmental Best Practice’ at the International Green Apple Awards
- ‘Best Pizza Restaurant – Chain’ at the PAPA Industry Awards
We were also shortlisted for:
- ‘Best Mental Health Strategy’ at the Employee Benefits Awards
- ‘Recycling excellence’ and ‘Partnership excellence’ at the National Recycling Forum
We also have a big focus on mental health and wellbeing, and we’re proud to have been accredited with the Foundation Level ‘London Health Workplace Award’.
- Structured career development opportunities
- Training provided from Day 1
- Free meals during shifts
- Flexible working pattern
- 50% staff discounts at all Prezzo and other amazing retail offers
- Uncapped refer a friend scheme: earn up to £1000 for each friend successfully referred
- Wagestream membership – our financial wellbeing platform
- Life Assurance
- Free 24/7 access to online GP services, legal support and financial and debt management
- Grazie! – our reward and recognition platform
- Dedicated wellbeing and mental health support
We are looking for a new Chef to join our Prezzo Family who has a burning passion for food and a desire to grow their skills and career.
As a Chef you will:
- Have a burning passion for food
- Manage your section, keeping it organised and clean
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Have a desire to grow your skills and career
- Play a crucial role in helping us achieve our mission of becoming the UK’s favourite Italian
- Ensure every customer leaves happy, wanting to return.
The restaurant is situated on the High Street and only a 5 minute walk from the train station. Nearby are plenty of shops and bars. Parking for the restaurant can also be found nearby. Prezzo Rayleigh has a contemporary stylish interior with a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere. Whether you are looking to celebrate a special occasion or have a quiet meal this restaurant is suited to both. If the weather is nice the restaurant also boasts Al Fresco dining.
At Prezzo we want to create a genuinely inclusive workplace, where we embrace the differences of all our colleagues and celebrate diversity. We love to see applications from under-represented groups and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background. Prezzo joined the Sustainable Restaurant Association (SRA) in 2011.
Location: Prezzo Rayleigh
Salary: £9.75 – £10.50 per hour plus tronc