Chief Operating Officer
40 Chancery Lane, London, WC2A 1JA
At Digitas, we harness the power of connection to make positive impact everyday. We have a relentless focus on creating connections to help our clients’ businesses grow, connecting diverse people, ideas and expertise in innovative and exciting ways.
We are making positive impact with our amazing clients, through our capabilities in Consulting, Products & Platforms, Customer Engagement and Digital Media.
Part of Publicis Groupe, and a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Global Marketing Agencies, we’re proud to work with some of the world’s leading brands.
Digitas. Experience the power of connection.
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) will be responsible for supercharging the overall business operations strategy, in order to drive growth and team success.
The COO is a crucial member of the senior management team, who reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). In this position, your task will be to scale what we have developed and deliver ambitious 2023 and beyond revenue and margin commitments by unlocking further growth potential within the agency. Your dedication and inspiring leadership will help bring the team, clients, and other key stakeholders successfully on the journey.
- Lead vision and change management of new operating model that is market leading (incorporating service design thinking), effective (financially and for our people), allows for transparency and accountability at key levels of our organisation
- Partner on growth strategy with CEO, CGO
- Assessment of the skillset and performance of the current team against our vision and empower the team to be an active voice in the direction of the agency
- Recommendation on short term and long-term areas for operational improvement
- Elevating operations and delivery function and model to be the backbone and enabler of the agency
- Full review and revamp of reporting that enables more transparent ways of data to be shared across the organisation as well as enabler of fast, pragmatic business decisions
- Design, plan and implement business strategies, plans and procedures to drive growth and success.
- Step change daily operations, challenging the status-quo to help create the most connected and future-fit agency in the Groupe
- Define new initiatives that deliver on agency objectives
- Lead expansion activities, scaling current propositions and developing new ones based on client needs
- Establish policies and procedures that promote creative company culture and deliver our vision
- Oversee the work of teams, getting the best out of them to achieve more together
- Set an example in all behavior through being a positive but challenging motivator for all employees
- Analyse and interpret data and metrics; use these to build plans, constantly improve and create reports for the management
An inspiring, energetic and future facing leader, a forward thinker who motivates teams.
A real business advisor, excellent at building strong and relationships with client teams and their clients where appropriate. Get first-hand client information and uses it for improvements in product services. Strong communication skills and ability to build strong, long term client relationships at the most senior level.
Collaborative and team builder. Excellent at coaching, managing and inspiring their team. Able to build strong relationships within the agency and group, ensuring that people are fully motivated to deliver.
A proven track record for driving growth. Including a good understanding of business models and trends, as well as the ability to identify and seize opportunities that move the business towards strategic goals.
- Business transformation and scaling digital businesses
- Developing high performing culture in order to drive business success
- Experience in analysing trends, client needs and white space find new ways to grow
- Excellent agency understanding, and experience in step-changing business operations
- Outstanding skills in business strategy execution. Plus organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- A problem-solving mindset
- In-depth knowledge of the different business functions that make up an integrated agency, including Finance, Talent, Delivery, Operations; and how these intersect with the broader agency landscape.
- Excellent strategic planning and business development skills
- Good knowledge of financial data analysis and OKR’s
- Clear communication skills and confidence in developing and leading the company proposition
- Create and implement new operating model
- Restructure team to align with model and strategy
- Build, own and drive plan for operational improvement
- Review and revamp data and systems to allow valuable insights and business decisions by
- Continually drive our new business conversion rate
- Build our reputation through industry defining, culturally significant work
- Build a creative culture people want to be a part of
- Drive a positive shift in team engagement metrics
- Support D,E&I agenda in launching new initiatives to create a broader, diverse and inclusive team.
Please note that Digitas is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.