We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits:
- Flexible working
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- A comprehensive wellbeing package
- Our Cambs Rewards employee discounts
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- IDEAL staff equality, diversity and inclusion network.
- Camweb our staff intranet helping to keep you informed
- An employee recognition scheme
About the role
Join our Camclerk team!
If you’re highly organised and keen to contribute to the success of schools in your community, becoming a Camclerk might be the role for you.
The School Governance Team is on the lookout for dedicated Governance Professionals (clerks) to join the friendly team.
As a Camclerk, you will play a crucial role in delivering a high-quality clerking service, offering administrative support and procedural advice to governing bodies. Your work will directly impact the strategic role of these bodies in ensuring schools provide the best possible education for their pupils.
· Writing detailed minutes to a consistently high standard.
· Providing procedural advice to the governing body using legislation relating to school governance.
· Planning and facilitating governing body meetings in collaboration with the chair of governors and headteacher.
· Maintaining accurate records of governing body business and membership.
· Excellent administrative, IT and communication skills.
· Ability to work efficiently to deadlines.
· Flexibility to work at times convenient to the governing body.
Hybrid-working – enjoy the flexibility of working from home, with a small allowance, along with onsite work in schools.
Competitive pay – Earn £13.69 per hour, with hours and total pay based on the number of meetings each allocated school requires. This is different for each clerk – a worked example is attached below.
Diverse experience – Governance professionals are expected to work in more than two schools.
Training and support – We believe in continuous growth and development, supporting you on your career journey.
For more information or to chat about this opportunity please contact one of our Senior Clerks:
Cambridgeshire is a great place to work and live with a diverse population, an urban centre in Cambridge, historic Isle of Ely, Huntingdon and St Ives as well as more rural landscapes.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we believe benefits our employees, the organisation and our communities.
Visit our jobs and careers section to find out more about our wide range of learning and development opportunities; apprenticeships; our wellbeing package; staff benefits; our commitment to equality, diversity and Inclusion.