Hello, we’re Starling. We built a new kind of bank because we knew technology had the power to help people save, spend and manage their money in a new and transformative way. We’re a fully licensed UK bank with the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive tech company. We’re a bank, but better: fairer, easier to use and designed to demystify money for everyone. We employ more than 2,500 people across our London, Southampton, Cardiff and Manchester offices
If you have a broad and diverse background in financial services or customer service, enjoy a challenge and won’t be put off by complex situations, we are recruiting Collections Team Members for our SME and Retail Teams who will be able to identify solutions for customers with bounce back loans.
You will have excellent listening abilities and be able to explain things clearly with an empathetic approach, tailoring each contact to the individual customer needs. You will help our customers navigate these challenging financial times with excellent negotiation and problem solving skills.
Training will be conducted in the office for six weeks, you will then move to a hybrid way of working with travel required to our London office. The team work at least 2 days per week in the office after training.
Shifts: Full time rotational shifts between 8am-8pm Monday- Friday , Saturdays 9am-5.30pm & occasional bank holidays.
Salary: The minimum starting salary for this role is £25,500, increasing with experience.
- You will speak with customers and businesses that may be experiencing financial difficulties or are vulnerable, who need our support
- You will be able to review each case to understand or customer’s overall situation to help agree the right action plan for them and for the bank
- Liaise with customers and other areas of the business to obtain information and supporting documentation
- Attention to detail is key, produce high quality written reports and recommendations to managers
- Demonstrate a proactive inquisitive and problem solving nature to assist our customers and the business
- It is essential you have Collections experience
- You will be excited at the prospect of working for a fast moving fintech business
- Ability to work and deliver in a fast paced environment
- Strong team player with a positive attitude
- It is preferable, but not essential, to have some experience in financial services, lending, or collections
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment supporting complex queries
- Evidence of excellent communication skills, both written and verbal along with listening and questioning skills
- Ability to work cooperatively with other departments
- 25 days holiday (plus take your public holiday allowance whenever works best for you)
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday
- Annual leave is increased with length of service, and you can choose to buy or sell up to five extra days off
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Salary sacrifice, company enhanced pension scheme
- Life insurance at 4x your salary
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth including mental health support and cancer care. Partner benefits include discounts with Waitrose, Mr&Mrs Smith and Peloton
- Generous family-friendly policies
- Perkbox membership giving access to retail discounts, a wellness platform for physical and mental health, and weekly free and boosted perks
- Access to initiatives like Cycle to Work, Salary Sacrificed Gym partnerships and Electric Vehicle (EV) leasing
About us:You may be put off applying for a role because you don’t tick every box. Forget that! While we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re always open to discussion. So, if you’re excited about working with us, but aren’t sure if you’re 100% there yet, get in touch anyway.We’re on a mission to radically reshape banking – and that starts with our brilliant team. Whatever came before, we’re proud to bring together people of all backgrounds and experiences who love working together to solve problems.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.