Property Accountant – Prezzo Support Centre
- £50,000pa + Bonus
- Hybrid working (two days p/w from our Islington Office (Tues/Thurs), three days from home)
The Property Accountant role sits within the Finance Control team. We are a team of hardworking individuals responsible for accurate and timely financial reporting. The role will take responsibility for the accounting of a number of P&L lines, with a specific focus on property costs.
- Take ownership of the monthly financial reporting of designated P&L lines, for all restaurants, ensuring the accuracy and consistency of reported numbers. This will include owning the accounting for property rent, service charges, business rates, building insurance costs, utilities, and repairs and maintenance spend.
- Ensuring that all month-end journals are posted and reviewed in accordance with our month-end reporting timetable.
- Monthly restaurant-level reviews, comparing actual spend with budget and forecast, to identify and understand any significant variances.
- Ownership of annual budgets and quarterly reforecasts for designated P&L lines, working collaboratively with our FP&A team to ensure that submissions are completed and reviewed on time.
- Contribute to our “no surprises” culture, by completing monthly balance sheet reconciliations for areas of responsibility, ready for review by more senior members of the team.
- Ensuring that year-end balance sheet accounts are supported with solid calculations and supporting documentation, in advance of the statutory audit.
- Assist with any queries that arise from the statutory audit, which relate to designated areas of responsibility.
- Liaise with third parties where required i.e. provision or turnover information to landlords, and engagement with utility companies.
- Involvement in other ad hoc projects, and provision of financial information to internal stakeholders, in respect of property costs.
- Fully qualified accountant (AAT/ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Excellent planning and organisational skills. Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Someone who is hands-on, and keen to understand underlying accounting processes
- Someone who is not afraid of getting stuck into the detail, which often includes large data sets
- Naturally inquisitive, showing the initiative to investigate discrepancies and anomalies
- Integrity – doing the right thing rather than the easiest thing
- Confident Microsoft Excel user
Desirable but not essential:
- Previous Restaurant or hospitality/multi-site experience
- Experience using a recognised bookkeeping software (we use Access Dimensions)
- Structured career development opportunities
- Flexible working pattern
- 50% staff discounts at all Prezzo and other amazing retail offers
- Birthday day off
- Uncapped refer a friend scheme: earn up to £1000 for each friend successfully referred
- Wagestream membership – our financial wellbeing platform
- Life Assurance
- Free 24/7 access to online GP services, legal support and financial and debt management
- Grazie! – our reward and recognition platform
- Dedicated wellbeing and mental health support
Our Prezzo Values are delivered through the same behaviours seen in all our people, from our CEO to our newest recruit.
We have 4 values… One Team, Genuine Connection, Drive to Succeed and Pride.
-working together, with a common purpose, to achieve our goals
-building genuine relationships, where nothing is too much trouble
Drive to Succeed
-being bold enough to do the right thing, even when it’s hard, to help improve and grow
-making memorable moments by caring about everything we do, so everyone leaves wanting to return
At Prezzo, we want to create a genuinely inclusive workplace, where we embrace the differences of all our colleagues and celebrate diversity. We love to see applications from underrepresented groups and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
Location: Prezzo – Finance
Salary: £50000.00 per annum plus bonus