In a Nutshell…
We have an exciting opportunity for a Construction Trainee to join our team at Vistry Eastern Counties, at our Brentwood Office, and supporting sites across the region. As our Construction Trainee you will be responsible for assisting with and gaining experience of the successful delivery of the project in terms of health, safety and environmental standards, programme, budget, time, quality, design, technical and customer service. To effectively help to control and learn about all site-based activities in line with specific development requirements, company policies and procedures.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Completion of Construction Site Supervisor Apprenticeship Level 4
- Agile working possible (dependent on role)
- Up to 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and Dental Insurance
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Share incentive schemes
- Employee rewards portal with many more benefits…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- 4 GCSEs A-C/4-9. Two of these should be Maths and English.
- A minimum of a Level 3/BTEC Diploma/2 A Levels
- A genuine interest in developing your career within Construction
- Well organised and IT Literate
- Professional communication style with the ability to work within a team of varying seniority within the business
- Full UK driving licence
More about the Construction Trainee role…
- Monitor health and safety standards on construction projects
- Record, oversee and report progress on construction projects
- Supervise specialist contractors.
- Manage the quality of works
- Support commercial staff to monitor construction costs
- Minimise the environmental impact of construction projects.
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location Detail: Countryside House,The Drive, Brentwood, CM13 3AT