At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Contracts Manager to join our team in our Tarmac based in Baggeridge, Staffordshire.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As a Contract Manager, you will:
- Lead and ensure delivery of the Smart Motorways Strategy.
- Delivery against budgeted targets
- Contribute to the improvement of turnover and volumes in relation to Smart Motorways and help to secure a long term work bank.
- Drive the Smart Motorways Operational Strategy, ensuring that all operational activities comply with safety and business policies and procedures and are delivered within the required budget.
- Drive the effective management of any exposure to both financial and risk, maximising financial return on all contracts and ensuring prompt cash collection within contract provisions.
- Develop & maintain key customer relationships.
- Work closely with internal and external supply to reduce delays and the cost to serve customers.
- To drive performance improvements in relation to Smart Motorway activities Share best practice across Smart Motorway projects
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate will possess proven management experience, ideally within the Contracting industry and with experience providing leadership to complex contracts. They will also possess:
- Product / Service Technical Knowledge
- Health & Safety IOSH or equivalent Certified
- IT Literate Word Excel, Project and PowerPoint
- Operational technical Knowledge
- Estimating / Costing / Financial Management Systems
- Proven Management experience
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Effective communication skills
- CSCS Qualification
- SMSTS / IOSH
Location: Dudley, West Midlands, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/109/1971