Are you a Cost Clerk looking for your next permanent role? If this is you, then please read on as we may just have the role for you……
Founded in 1968, Griffiths are a sustainable Civil Engineering Contractor that helps connect communities through delivering Road, Rail, Water, and Utilities projects. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality projects in a healthy, safe, and sustainable manner to improve people’s everyday lives.
We are currently recruiting for a Cost Clerk to join the Project Team at our offices in Newport. Due to the nature of the role, we are open to applications from candidates who live in; or can commute from some of the following areas: St Mellons, Cardiff, Penarth, Barry, Rhoose, Llantwit Major, Bridgend, Porthcawl, Port Talbot, Swansea, Neath, Aberdare, Mountain Ash, Pontypridd, Merthyr Tydfil, Caerphilly, Cwmbran, Pontypool, Usk, Llanfoist, Abergavenny, Ebbw Vale.
As part of a global business in CRH and a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC, the career opportunities are limitless. We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As a Cost Clerk, you may have worked in a similar industry and may have experience of working on civil engineering projects, although this is not essential.
On a day-to-day basis, the responsibilities of the Cost Clerk will include (not exhaustive)
- Cost control: e.g., Monitoring all costs to date for the project
- Keeping accurate and cumulative site costs
- Supporting the project team with forecast costs
- Ensuring accurate records of works completed are maintained to include cost records and diaries
- Auditing subcontract information received such as timesheets, applications and invoices
- Ensuring timesheets are collated and submitted in a timely manner
- Providing assistance to management and commercial functions of a project as required
- Undertaking commercial analysis work as directed for management reporting purposes
- Ensuring the site team’s produced documentation, notices, timesheets, delivery notes etc. are uploaded on to the online Project cloud portal via SharePoint
The ideal candidate will be a Cost Clerk who is in receipt of the following:
- Being able to organise your own workload as well as to work as part of a team and complete tasks independently
- A strong customer focus and the ability to build relationships
- Good IT skills specifically on spreadsheets, databases and the ability to adapt to bespoke software packages
- Good interpersonal skills, with strong oral and written communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
Although not essential, having experience of Experience of COINS financial management software would prove highly beneficial.
Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits Package
Location: Newport, Gwent, Wales
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/39940/5243