40 Chancery Lane, London, WC2A 1JA
We believe in the power of populist creativity to help brands grow, and have done so for some of the world’s most iconic brands including McDonald’s & Kellogg’s.
We also believe in the power of a strong culture that puts people and creativity at the heart of everything we do. Our guiding principles are simple: be open, be generous, be curious. We pride ourselves on a genuinely friendly and informal style where everyone’s invited.
The happiest people and most exciting places are also the most creative in our industry, and Leo Burnett has both of these, alongside a real passion for great ideas. Together, this makes it an outstanding agency for people to ply their craft.
Leo Burnett London has won a lot of awards – we regularly sit at the top of the tables for creative awards both in the UK and globally. We are a truly integrated creative agency and strongly believe that a great idea can live anywhere.
What You’ll Be Doing:
We’re looking for a Cultural Analyst at Leo Burnett to help better connect some of the nation’s biggest & best loved brands to culture. You will sit within Leo Burnett’s PeopleLab (our in-house insight team), working closely with Planners to fuel strategies, creative briefs and always on social with fresh data insight, and observation.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Social analysis – you will work with our social teams to conduct data-led analysis of social conversations, defining trends and topics to inform our always on content calendars.
- Research oversight & management – you will help to set up and run “PopPulse”, an ongoing ethnography-based piece of research set up by Leo Burnett to understand what are the big (and small) themes impacting British culture are today.
- Insight generation – you will work with planners to enrich briefs and strategies with revelatory and inspiring cultural insight. The briefs you’ll work on will vary – from looking at the culture that surrounds Valentine’s Day for Morrisons, to helping McDonald’s understand the culture of fried chicken.
What Skills We’re After:
- Data analysis – you’ll have experience using research tools (primary qual / quant as well as secondary desk research tools) to find and synthesise multiple data points at speed, then serving it up in a way that’s useful and inspiring
- Social listening – you’ll have a social-first mindset and be fluent in all social platforms (from TikTok to Reddit) and experience using social listening tools (from Net Base, to Brand Watch). As the window to culture, you’ll be expert in mining these platforms for trends, insight and inspiration.
- Plugged into culture – you’ll be tuned into what’s going on in British culture – both the niche and the mainstream. Obsessed with what people are watching, following, creating, listening to.
What Qualities We’re Looking For
Diversity and inclusion are a core part of our DNA at Leo Burnett. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture that encourages, celebrates, and supports our wonderfully diverse employee group irrelevant of their age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability or ethnicity. Diversity and inclusion fuel our creativity and innovation, it enables us to be closer to our people and audiences. We will continue to strive to create a culture and environment where everyone feels empowered and more importantly comfortable enough to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
We are committed to providing reasonable adjustments for employees with disabilities and for candidates in our application process. If you need assistance or adjustment due to a disability, please contact us.