You will work seamlessly with the Morning and Night Delivery Managers to support the Area Manager to ensure that the Delivery Service from your Delivery Hub is best in class. You will manage a department which is Safe, Secure and Legal at all times, maximising efficiency, and delivering accurately and on time to our customer.
- Ensuring that all picking activity is managed accurately, pickers are fully trained, and the picker board is kept up to date. i
- Overseeing that journey pre-briefs and de-briefs are completed effectively, and action taken where required.
- Effective use of the systems available to you to run the department. Eg Deskpro management, and that Tachos are downloaded correctly. Training will be provided.
- Overseeing timely and appropriate processing of returns.
- Ensuring that diary tasks are completed and recorded as necessary.
- Effective security checking is completed.
- Overseeing efficient and effective Driver turnaround.
- Managing all replenishment task in line with Booker Be the Best At policies.
- Supporting new colleagues during their induction.
- Ensuring that all colleagues maintain a clean, tidy and safe environment in which to work.
- A detailed handover to the following shift, supporting a seamless operation.
- Leading by example, role modelling the Booker Code of Business Conduct and Win Together Behaviours.
- Building and maintaining good working relationships internally, and externally.
- Compliance with company policies and procedures and mandatory training
- Supporting a Health, Safe and Legal culture.
- Championing Diversity and Inclusion ensuring Everyone Is Welcome at Booker.
- Team management track record.
- Strong team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving.
- Great understanding of customer needs.
- Experience within a Delivered Operation is preferred.
- Great coaching skills.
- A proven track record for holding people accountable and delivery great standards.
- The ability to spot and nurture talent.
- The ability to multitask, prioritise and delegate appropriately.
Shift Hours: 38 hrs per week (2pm-10pm across 5 days including weekends)