Want to make a difference in a young person's life? Join Salutem in supporting people to live the life they love!
You are a superhero to all the young people we support. You overcome daily challenges to achieve amazing outcomes for children and support them to reach their goals and aspirations. Each day, you are driven by the motivation to provide a safe and support family home environment for the young people you support, enabling them to build their confidence and independence and empowering them to live their best lives.
- Assist and support the Registered Manager in all aspects of the residential care of the Ofsted registered home, to provide a high quality service which meets the individual needs of the children and young people and to help create and maintain a non-institutionalised, child centred safe community home for extremely vulnerable children with Social, Emotional and Behaviour difficulties.
- To provide support so that the young people are enabled to grow in all areas of their lives, to work towards emotional stability and to develop to their full potential.
- Support and supervise the staff team enabling them to carry out their duties to the best of their abilities
- Ensure that all aspects of the service provided meets the quality standards and complies with the Children’s Homes Regulations
- Guide children/young people throughout their placement and in transitions to and from the residential care environment holistically and in line with the quality standards
- Ensure the home is maintaining compliance to the standards and philosophy of care as outlined in the statement of purpose
- Assist and deputise for the home manager in all aspects of residential care at the home
- Take on on-call duties outside of working hours in support of the home dealing with situations in line with children’s homes regulations and company procedures
- Support staff on a day to day basis promoting good practice and responding to concerns or first line complaints.
This is an outline of the post holder’s key duties and responsibilities. It is not intended as an exhaustive list and may change according to service needs, following discussion with the post holder.
You must be 23 years or older to apply for this position due to current children’s care home guidelines.
- Hold a Level 4 or 5 in Children & Education.
- Have a minimum of 2 years supervisory experience in Children & Educaiton.
At Salutem, you’re not just a care worker – you’re a supportive healthcare professional, an ambitious worker, a loyal colleague, a unique and transparent individual who provides engaging and meaningful experiences for the people we support
As a valued member of our family, we offer:
• Competitive rates of pay dependant on experience.
• Wagestream – our financial planning app, making it easier to access and manage your finances and allowing you to access up to 30% of your pay throughout the month as and when you need it.
• In addition to the company induction, you will also receive bespoke specialist training that reflects the needs of the service and your personal development.
• Internal progression opportunities – We're committed to supporting your learning and upskilling and will support you to reach your full potential and progress in your career with us.
• Induction – You will undertake a bespoke induction programme tailored to your specific job role and will complete training through a blended learning approach
• Perkbox – We have a great employee benefits platform called Perkbox, this includes over 200 different exclusive perks and discounts such as cinema tickets, flights/holidays, theme parks, days out plus much more!
• Employee Support Helpline – You will have access to a private and confidential employee support helpline, covering a wide range of topics including financial advice, health and well-being and more. This is all available 24 hours a day 7 days a we
We have a massive duty of care towards those we support who are often the most vulnerable in society, which is why our staff are encouraged to keep up to date with vaccines and focus on self-care too.
These pay rates are applicable from 1st April 2023