Are you a Designated Individual – Temporary Works looking to join Griffiths based at our head offices in Abergavenny?
Founded in 1968, Griffiths are a sustainable Construction Contractor that helps connect communities through delivering Road, Rail, Water, and Utilities projects. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality projects in a healthy, safe, and sustainable manner to improve people’s everyday lives.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Designated Individual – Temporary Works looking to join Griffiths on a full-time basis. We are open to applications from candidates who live in; or can commute from some of the following areas: Newport, Cardiff, Swansea, Penarth, Barry, Porthcawl, Neath, Usk, Aberdare, Merthyr Tydfil, Llanfoist, Bristol, Chepstow, Pontypridd
As a Designated Individual – Temporary Works, you will be the senior person within an organisation with the responsibility for establishing, implementing, and maintaining the temporary works standard for the organisation.
On a day-to-day basis, the successful Designated Individual – Temporary Works duties and responsibilities will include (not exhaustive) the following:
- Validating external parties’ temporary works procedures where Griffiths are not operating as the Principal Contractor or are subcontracting elements of the works
- Engage with the pre-construction team to ensure that the temporary works for all tenders have been fully considered
- Assessing and documenting the approvals of the Temporary Works Co-ordinator on a project-by-project basis
- Mentoring Temporary Works Supervisors, provide support to expand their experience and knowledge
- Provide support to the Temporary Works Coordinator where required with respect to managing the programme of works
- Providing leadership to Temporary Works Supervisors when medium and high-risk temporary works have been identified
- On projects involving complex and/or high-risk temporary works, assist in reviewing critical temporary work when required
- Ensuring those undertaking roles of responsibility are suitably competent in terms of knowledge, skill, and experience; and have suitable resource capability to deliver the works
- You will manage a team of varying disciplines within the team across the business
The ideal candidate will be a Designated Individual – Temporary Works will be a Chartered Engineer in a relevant discipline and have extensive temporary works experience – this is non negotiable.
Furthermore, you should ideally be Degree in Civil Engineering or an Engineering related discipline and be conversant on varied construction sectors.
Salary: Excellent Salary + Company Car/Allowance + Benefits
Location: Abergavenny, Gwent, Wales
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/39940/5363