We’re looking for experienced and passionate DevSecOps Consultants to join us as we increase our adoption of cloud resources and embark on a digitisation journey.
This is an exciting opportunity to have an impact from the beginning of our transformation and shape the future of Coventry Building Society for years to come.
Working in a Product-based agile model, the successful candidate will lead and advise on the application of security controls and policies for our SDLC, ensuring that any risks are addressed and new operational controls and processes are implemented. This role will cater for the management of security processes and tooling throughout the DevOps process, ensuring best practice is followed and implemented throughout.
This role is not solely about having the right security background, it requires the successful candidate to work collaboratively and with pragmatism when supporting fast-paced delivery teams.
- You have the passion and drive to enable the secure delivery of our digital transformation journey, working with market leading cloud technologies
- You have a proven record in providing technical guidance and leadership in the implementation of security controls and secrets management
- You are capable of working collaboratively, recognising and adapting to individual differences and working styles to bring others along the security journey
- You support initiatives that create an environment in which diversity is valued.
- Providing technical leadership and guidance to wider IT teams on the integration of on-prem and cloud solutions, through automated security technologies, enabling the SDLC
- Identifying and understanding the risks and appropriate corresponding controls to maintain the security, confidentiality, integrity, availability of new applications and services that the Society introduces.
- Ensuring the compliance of new applications and services with legislation, regulations and relevant CBS standards and policies.
- Working closely with a range of stakeholders to find solutions that are appropriate to the Society’s risk appetite.
- A subject matter expert in microservices; CI/CD workflows; secrets management; SDLCs, Kubernetes and securing container workloads; software-defined networking (SDN) solution designs for data centres would be an advantage.
- Experience of: enterprise cloud security; security architecture; automation; integration, and deployment (DevSecOps).
- Experience providing Information Security support to projects delivering, AWS architectural and design solutions in areas covered by: GDPR; PCI DSS; anti-Fraud.
- Experience working in a financial services regulated organisation.
- Working knowledge of cloud computing workload transition challenges
- Familiarity with archive, backup/recovery and business continuity processes in distributed operations
- Experience of delivering risk assessments and assurance reports across multiple technologies and business processes.
- Experience of managing and influencing stakeholders at all levels.
Hybrid working is choosing the best location for you to carry out your role – this could be in the office or it could be at home. You can be flexible in your approach, for example coming into the office when you need to collaborate with colleagues in person, or working from home if you have a lot of Zoom meetings to go to. We’re taking a team-led approach, so how you manage your working week and place of work is down to your preferences and how you and your team work best.
Our people are our most valuable asset and we are committed to attracting and retaining the very best people who reflect our values. We recognise the importance of helping you to balance your working life with other priorities, so if you wish to consider this vacancy and your circumstances require different hours to those advertised, or if you are considering a job share arrangement, then let us look at the flexibility you require and see if we can accommodate your needs, whilst ensuring we continue to meet our members’ needs.
IT at the Coventry is changing; we are currently undertaking an exciting transformation project that will shape the future of the organisation. As we progress on our journey, we are seeking talented individuals who are passionate about delivering an outstanding experience for both members and colleagues in an environment where you will have the opportunity to be part of the future success of the organisation and work in an environment where personal and professional development is taken seriously.