In a nutshell…
We have a great opportunity for an Environmental Advisor to join our team within Vistry Services, based out of either Bristol or Reading. As our Environmental Advisor, you will be responsible for monitoring environmental performance in conjunction with the SHE Advisors & SHE Managers across designated Vistry offices and sites to ensure that projects and activities comply with environmental regulations and targets by addressing issues such as air quality, land and water contamination, waste management and environmental impact. The Environmental Advisor will provide suitable guidance and support to colleagues regarding our duties as set out in The Environment Act 2021. Ensuring the company’s operations are executed at all times in such a manner as to protect the environment that may be affected by its operations.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Agile working possible (dependent on role)
- Up to 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and Dental Insurance
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Share incentive schemes
- Employee rewards portal with many more benefits…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- Environmental focussed Degree or equivalent.
- Experience in the construction industry
- Experience in a similar role within Construction / Residential housebuilding
- Member of a Professional Body, progressing to Chartered status.
- Minimum of associate member of IEMA
More about the Environmental Advisor role…
- Deliver Environmental training in-line with the Group SHE Training Matrix as required
- Keep up to date with the latest environmental guidance and regulations
- Assist in the production of company procedures, policies and practices within the BMS
- Support the technical teams during planning stage to identify and control environmental risks for new projects
- Attend BU site start up meetings to establish environmental requirements
- Liaise with Local Authorities, Environment Agency, other Statutory Bodies and residents when necessary
- Assist the project teams to ensure compliance with all requirements stipulated in the Environmental Management Plan and with implementation of best environmental practices/innovations on site
- Carry out regular environmental site visits using the across live sites to ensure compliance with environmental legislation and company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Where required, assist with carrying out internal audits and lead on external audits
- Provide specialist environmental support to colleagues including operational teams and sub-contractors, and any other employee through advice, guidance and support so far as reasonably practicable
- Attend pre-arranged SHE related meetings as directed by the Line Manager or BU SHE Manager
- Support the Sustainability team with the implementation of Vistry’s Sustainability Strategy including best practice innovations and carbon & waste data collation and reporting.
- Ensure all environmental incidents are reported as per company procedure and promote near miss reporting
- Attend or take the lead on all environmental incident investigations deemed to be potentially serious in line with company procedures
- Ensure that key SHE communications sent out by the company such as SHE alerts & bulletins etc. have been received and communicated to all relevant persons promptly
- Monitor and review competency of all persons working on live sites on a regular basis to ensure Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) are being followed
Finally, lets tell you a bit about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location Detail: , ,