Location: Ave Maria Lane, London, EC4M 8BU
Stationers' Hall is a Grade I listed building, close to St Paul's Cathedral. It is one of the few ancient Livery Halls remaining in the City of London. Completed in 1673 after the Great Fire of London, the Hall's suite of magnificent, inter-linking rooms as well as the secluded garden, make it one of the most sought after venues in the City for corporate events and Private Functions.
Searcys is steeped in rich heritage and is passionate about its people, therefore offers industry leading benefits which include:
- 50% discount across Searcys venues
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Access to online GP and medical benefits
- Employee assistance programme and qualified Mental Health First Aiders
- Meals provided on shift
- Your birthday off to celebrate in style
- A day off to volunteer and give back to a charity of your choice
Salary: Up to £14.00 per hour (flexible hours)
As the Event Supervisor, you will be working closely with the Deputy General Manager to assist in the day-to-day running of the Livery events, consisting of sit down lunches and dinners, buffets, drinks receptions and bespoke events.
The Searcys Events Supervisor will build strong relationships with the onsite events team, understanding the brief and executing every details with continuous quality and human touch.
- To plan, organise and deliver a successful operation of the events, dining rooms and other areas within the events department with the assistance of the relevant department heads, with a more directed focus on the internal operation of the building.
- To liaise with other key team players, including the events and sales department to deliver a service that meets, and exceeds, client expectations.
- To brief the events team on all aspects of the business and oversee the running of all events, working lunches and dining.
- To meet clients of arrival, making sure the event is as they require and ensuring that on the day changes are passed onto the relevant people, where necessary.
- To train or provide training to the team to ensure they operate in accordance with the department's standards.
- To monitor that the team present themselves correctly and well-dressed for duty, and are well groomed.
- To be responsible for monitoring the timesheets.
- To deputise for the Deputy General Manager in their absence.
- Minimum of 1 year in a Supervisor role, within a similar environment
- Excellent food and beverage knowledge
- Experience running large events, lunches and dinners
- Leads by example by always acting professional
- Excellent communication skills
- Takes the initiative
- Demonstrates good time management and organisational skills
- Supportive team player
- Excellent customer care skills