Salary: £33,000pa -£35,000pa + great benefits
Shift hours: Part Time
Independents by Sodexo have a fantastic opportunity for an Executive Head Chef to join our talented team at Kings College Taunton.
This is a varied, fast paced opportunity; as the Executive Head Chef, you’ll bring a hands-on approach to the site and you will oversee the timely and efficient preparation of all core feeding including special needs and diets.
This is a fantastic opportunity where you will lead the food team so that they are motivated and engaged, providing over 300 Boarding students and 200-day students with the best possible experience. We are passionate and focused on using high quality ingredients with good sustainability credentials. The Executive Head Chef will be responsible for delivering outstanding food and service, combined with motivating leadership through first-class management of the catering team. You will also be able to show your passion and creativity by developing your own dishes and supporting your team with their own ideas.
We offer flexi working with your working week being 5 out of 7 days. Primarily working Monday to Friday with the occasional weekend cover needed.
At Independents by Sodexo pupils’ health and wellbeing is at the root of everything we do. We deliver fresh food to be proud of: food that will sharpen the mind, energise and rejuvenate the body. Our approach is one of partnership, our heritage and inherent family values breathe through our experienced team, empowering a naturally entrepreneurial and agile approach, but always consistently.
This role is subject to Safer Recruitment checks and the successful applicant will be required to complete a DBS.
- Manage and control the services to the agreed specification and to the agreed performance, qualitative and financial targets.
- Manage a team to increase the Client and Sodexo’s revenue opportunities i.e. commercial opportunities, labour efficiency and generate the GOP within retail operations.
- Supply Chain Management – ensure value for money is achieved through robust management of purchasing.
- Recruit, induct and develop talented employees within the kitchens and, if necessary, firmly and fairly manage poor performance.
- Identify opportunities for organic growth and new business.
- Exceptional management of Food Hygiene, Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation using the Sodexo Safety Management System.
NVQ level 2 Food Production certificate or equivalent
- Intermediate Food Hygiene certificate
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Strong level of literacy and numeracy
- Experienced Chef who has operated in a busy, client facing environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to be an effective team player
- Flexible, with the ability to work under pressure and across a range of shifts and service times
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. This role will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Location: Taunton, England