Business Performance Management and Decision Support
• Develop and establish processes for a smooth delivery of the month-end close; lead in partnering with Burberry Business Services to ensure that all journal entries and accounting are accurately completed.
• Continuous critical review of ways of workings and processes to identify opportunities for improvements in process efficiencies and controls as the business grows, whilst ensuring resources are effectively allocated.
• Advanced financial modelling and insights to inform and support review of business functions. Provide and deliver analysis and insight that links financial reports to business strategies
• Prepare and review management reports to ensure accuracy and presentation in line with business requirements (actuals, forecast, budget). Lead on improving the processing and integrity of financial data, re-designing processes to further streamline reporting and ways of working
• Support analysis and clear links to financial performance across other measures of performance such as value creation, headcount analysis, productivity initiatives and others where necessary
Planning Budgeting & Forecasting
• Support business with strong budget control
• Complete, coordinate, review and evaluate the development of plans, budgets & forecasts across Burberry Business Services, HR, Finance, Corporate Affairs, Executive, A&G and Head Office Properties (both regional and corporate cost), ensuring the most profitable allocation of resources through financial insights & constructive challenge.
• Support the formulation and delivery of 5YP / other long-range plans
• Supports the continuous improvement of planning, budgeting and forecasting processes.
• Lead on forecasting of headcount costs; lead the review of actuals and HR updates with the Management Accounting team on a monthly basis
• Support business case development as necessary through completion of relevant financial analysis, reporting and summarising of information
• Support the delivery of strategic projects
• Produce post implementation analysis.
• Work will also be required on other transformation projects and adhoc initiatives/projects as directed by Senior Finance Manager or VP Finance, Corporate Functions