up to £45,000 p.a. (dependent on experience)
***Remote/home working allowed with occasional visits to the Folkestone office***
Our people are everything to us. The way they deliver exceptional experiences every day for our customers, for their colleagues. The way they own what they do. Their ‘Why’s it like that?’ curiosity. How they always think of others and work together to get things done. For us, for you, make do will never do. Good enough? Not even close. Come and do the best work of your life alongside lovely colleagues. Come to Saga.
And right now, we are looking for a Finance Analyst to join us. In this role, you will provide commercial support on pricing, underwriting and claims strategy as well as driving and challenging the inputs to forecast, budgeting and 5-year planning processes.
You will be an ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified accountant with experience of working within the insurance industry. You will have a curious mindset and an understanding of an underwriting business model.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
So, if this is of interest to you then we would be keen to hear from you!
- Provide commercial support on pricing, underwriting and claims strategy and project workstreams
- Provide financial analysis to support business cases and initiatives
- Recommend actions to improve business value
- Development of trading dashboards to provide rapid insight and drive decision making
- Weekly trend analysis of key trading metrics across all products, flagging areas that require focus to the AICL management team
- Benefit analysis and tracking of commercial initiatives
- Drive and challenge the inputs to forecast, budget and 5-year planning processes, acting as a bridge between the business and the Insurance FP&A team
- Alignment of commercial initiatives with the broking commercial finance team and provision of combined insurance insight, ensuring consistency of data within Insurance
- Advanced Excel skills
- Previous experience working in the insurance industry, with understanding of underwriting business model
- ACCA / CIMA / ACA qualified
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail
- Able to multi-task and manage multiple projects at one time
- Effective communication and organisational skills
Our values are:
- Precision Pace – Always owning and making things happen.
- Empathy – Always aware of others.
- Curiosity – Always asking why.
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
Job Reference: saga/TP/45683/1653