Location: Aldenham Road, Borehamwood,
Haberdashers Girls School
40 hours per week
£11.25 per hour
Must drive due to remote location
Holroyd Howe is one of the UK’s leading contract caterers, providing fresh innovative food services solely to independent schools and colleges. We are a team of experienced professionals who tailor our catering service provision specifically to suit children of all ages in order to meet the bespoke requirements of each school.
Can you commit to feeding hungry tummies as well as hungry minds? We serve more than just a meal in our kitchens, so are you the exceptional Food Service Assistant we’re looking for?
If you are looking for an employer that will invest in you and develop your career further, then look no further and apply!
OVERALL OBJECTIVES: To provide a friendly catering service, performing a variety of manual tasks associated with food production and service in the location.
· To assist in the preparation of food and snacks.
· To keep the kitchen and restaurant areas in a clean and tidy state at all times.
· To provide a friendly, efficient and hygienic service to all customers.
· To ensure that customers are given a prompt and efficient service and expectations are consistently exceeded.
· To be customer focused at all times, by being visible during service periods, approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs.
· To project a willing and helpful attitude to customers; to seek the appropriate knowledge of food items sold through out catering areas and to keep areas and service counters clean and fully stocked.
· To treat your team members at location as you would expect to be treated.
· To co-operate with all team members and undertake duties in the kitchen / service areas as requested to ensure an efficient and effective service is delivered at all times.
HEALTH & SAFETY, FOOD SAFETY, THE ENVIRONMENT:
· To attend food safety, health and safety and environmental training courses as required.
· To rigorously follow the unit cleaning schedules.
· To attend all location meetings as required.
· To show commitment to company values in all aspects of your role.
· To act as a positive ambassador for the business.
· To attend to any reasonable request made by the client or Holroyd Howe Management.
· To ensure compliance with the company’s policy on safer recruitment and safeguarding children and young adults at all times whilst at work.
- Ideally have experience working within Education catering
- Have good Health & Safety knowledge
- Flexible with a can-do attitude, customer focused
- Fun and enthusiastic
- Have excellent organization skills
- Demonstrate great attention to detail
- Be a team player, and enjoy succeeding as a team
- Possess great customer service skills
- Have a flexible approach to work