Salary: £8037. – £8039.
Shift hours: Part Time
We currently have an opportunity for a Food Service Assistant to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Prepare and present food to the notified standard, ensuring the ethos of Fresh Food from Scratch is followed
- To ensure all work areas and surfaces are clean and tidy as is practical at all times, especially at the end of the day/shift
- To serve customers in a quick, polite manner ensuring good customer service at all times
- Replenish food and equipment to ensure an efficient and seamless service
- Clear and clean work areas after the service periods
- To complete any administration as requested including food temperatures, cleaning schedules, delivery temperatures, stock takes etc.
- To ensure that all food is prepared with due care and attention, particularly in regards to special dietary requirements, allergens and shelf life
- To ensure the kitchen is maintained in a clean, organized manner and all food safety and health and safety policies and procedures are followed
- To undertake cleaning duties including manual pot washing and use of a commercial dishwasher
- To receive, check and store all deliveries ensuring adherence to company policies
- To dispose of waste from the catering areas and refectory, as per company procedure, to school designated collection points.
- To complete all cleaning schedules to the agreed standard
- To work on a till (either cash taking or cashless) at service times when required
- To promote a friendly working relationship with colleagues
- To undertake training and comply with all company policies and procedures
- To raise any issues to the Head Chef or Catering Manager in a timely manner
- To report any incidents of accident, near miss, fire, loss, theft, damage, unfit food or any other irregularities
- To work at school events, as required, with occasional evening and weekend work
- To assist with the set up, service, clearing and cleaning of function catering as requested
- To carry out any reasonable request by management
- To assist in other local units as may be necessary in an emergency
- Good interpersonal skills – calm nature
- Enthusiastic – Displays a natural and sustained enthusiasm and energy
- Self-Motivated – Needs no encouragement to make things happen
- Strong but Flexible – Always prepared to listen and consider the views of others
- Positive – Focuses on what CAN be done
- Personal Appearance – Recognizes importance that appearance has on the attitudes of others
- Responsible – Conscious of the consequences of action or inaction
- Conscientious – Demonstrates a commitment to get things done on or before agreed deadlines
Location: Manchester, Salford, England