We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits:
- Flexible and creative working arrangements, including 9-day fortnights
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- A comprehensive wellbeing package
- Our Cambs Rewards employee discounts
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- IDEAL staff equality, diversity and inclusion network
- Camweb our staff intranet helping to keep you informed
- An employee recognition scheme
For our Social Workers, we offer more specific benefits like:
- Generous annual leave provision (28 days, plus bank holidays)
- A supportive management team that will champion your learning and development
- Employee Assistance Programme – access to free support 24 hours a day
- Payment for business mileage expenses (45p per mile, and for the 2022/2023 financial year an additional fuel allowance for those driving over 300 business miles each month)
- Scalable retention payments to loyal social workers in specific teams after the first full year of employment, starting at £900 which increases during the first three years of service
- A relocation package of up to £8000 for eligible candidates
- Plus, 6 days of protected time each year to enable our Social Workers to maintain their Continuous Professional Development.
Please read our benefits brochure attached for more information.
About the role
We are looking for a full time Senior Practitioner to join our Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Fostering Supervision and Support Team 1. The office base will be Scott House, Huntingdon. We are a friendly, hardworking, and dedicated staff group who offer a supportive work environment.
We are keen to hear from you if you share our enthusiasm and commitment for Fostering. We are looking for our ideal candidate to have experience which are transferable such as:
• excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build trusting and productive relationships with a range of people
• to be able to work well within a multidisciplinary team
• a good understanding of Fostering
• strong written and verbal communication skills, tailored to a variety of audiences
• the ability to work independently and use initiative to think quickly on the spot in often challenging situations
• creativity to solve problems and tackle obstacles
• effective time management for managing competing demands in a busy and sometimes pressured work environment
You will be supported by an experienced, permanent managers and knowledgeable staff team to drive forward our vision together. You will have a passion for developing positive professional relationships with foster carers and the children they care for; providing them with regular supervision and support to empower them in their fostering role. The role of a supervising social worker is unique in providing the opportunity to build professional relationships with fostering families, the children, and young people they care for and all the professionals involved in supporting the care arrangements.
If you have experience in the field of fostering or would really like to develop your current social work practice, then we would very much like to hear from you.
If you wish to discuss this post, please contact Sharyl Acheampong Team Manager, or view the job description. Sharyl.firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointment to these posts will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and to share this commitment.
Cambridgeshire is a great place to work and live with a diverse population, an urban centre in Cambridge, historic Isle of Ely, Huntingdon and St Ives as well as more rural landscapes.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we believe benefits our employees, the organisation and our communities.
Visit our jobs and careers section to find out more about our wide range of learning and development opportunities; apprenticeships; our wellbeing package; staff benefits; our commitment to equality, diversity and Inclusion.