Salary: £11.31 per hour
Shift hours: Part Time
We have provided Funeral Services to clients and families across the East of England for over 90 years. Our Funeral Operatives are fundamental to the service we provide, given the important role they play throughout the deceased’s time in our care.
You recognise that our clients and families place their complete trust and confidence in us to deliver a faultless final tribute. You’ll take instructions from the Funeral Director, understanding the importance of your individual role as part of the wider ceremonial team on the day of the service.
You will demonstrate the same professional approach at other times too, including when you bring the deceased into our care, whilst supporting chapel viewings and during your liaison with our clients and families.
Whilst previous experience of Funerals would be desirable, this isn’t essential; we’re more interested in hearing from individuals who can demonstrate that they have the professionalism, empathy and people skills suited to this environment. We are truly local, so whatever experience you bring to this role, you can be reassured that you will be fully supported by nearby branches and Head Office colleagues, as well as your line manager.
- Drive and/or bear on funeral services, supporting our client’s and family’s needs throughout
- To bring the deceased into our care from different locations / in varying circumstances
- Prepare the deceased for viewings and the funeral service
- Oversee chapel visits
- Maintain the cleanliness and high standard of our facilities and ceremonial vehicles
- Other support tasks, including preparing coffins, checking floral tributes and order of service, etc.
You may also be required to participate in an ‘out-of-hours’ on-call rota. The hiring manager will discuss this further should you be invited to attend an interview.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional and empathetic approach
- A ‘team player’
- Attention to detail
- Professional standard of conduct and appearance
- Good knowledge of the local area
- A full UK manual driving licence
Location: 89 Wimpole Rd, Colchester