Location: Dunmow Road, Bishop's Stortford, CM23
£10.42 an hour
Holroyd Howe is one of the UK’s leading contract caterers, providing fresh innovative food services solely to independent schools and colleges. We are a team of experienced professionals who tailor our catering service provision specifically to suit children of all ages in order to meet the bespoke requirements of each school.
Can you commit to feeding healthy minds? We serve more than just a meals in our restaurant, we have a team of excellent chefs, lead by our Head Chef, so are you the exceptional General Catering Assistance we’re looking for, there is opportunity and development here for you?.
The Job description is not skills we are expecting you to have now, but skills and development you will be trained in.
If you are looking for an employer that will invest in you and develop your career further, then look no further and apply!
To provide a welcoming and friendly customer experience within the college, delivering excellent customer and food service. To ensure the restaurant is clean/hygienic.
As part of the team you will assist with front of house and back of house duties:
- Greet customers as part of the front of house team, serving customers with food at service times.
- Deliver excellent customer service to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and ‘Pride’ “we can and we will” customer experience.
- Assist in a wide range of preparation, cooking and serving of food.
- Clean all equipment, crockery and cutlery as required.
- Support, operate and provide service in areas including but not limited to: the Serveries, the Hospitality orders, Functions/Events, Café.
- Ensure all food is handled in accordance with the standards specified in the Food Safety & Quality Management System and regulatory requirements.
- Carry out and record any food safety and stock checks specified by the General Manager or Supervisors.
- Take delivery of stock including food/provision, checking and accounting for such items.
- Receive deliveries and check supplier invoices in accordance with the company systems/procedures.
- Ensure all waste is removed promptly and placed in the correct waste containers in accordance with site waste management plan.
- Ensure all raw materials and packaging materials are stored in the correct areas of the site.
- Carry out tasks in the most efficient manner, taking into account any production or allergen constraints, to meet customer orders.
- Participate as a HACCP Team member if required
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with the relevant H&S legislation and Codes of Practice.
- Ensure all production and quality records are completed accurately and on time.
- Ensure all traceability requirements are fully complied with.
- Where relevant, to carry out activities required by the accredited FSQMS.
Not required, full training given.