At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a General Operative to join our friendly team based at Mountsorrel Quarry, Loughborough. Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The successful candidate in this role will specifically focus on operational tasks including:
- Working with aggregates on-site and operating machinery (including dumpers and loading shovels).
- Day to day maintenance, maintaining the highest levels of housekeeping
- Maintenance and driving a culture of zero harm and behavioural safety
- Compliance and awareness Health and Safety measures around the site
As part of an operational team, you will be able to demonstrate proven experience of working within a similar environment. You will also:
- Have knowledge of the industry and ideally of quarrying
- Be flexible
- Be self-motivated
- Be able to work as part of an effective team and motivate others
- Have knowledge of Risk Assessments
- Have knowledge of SSOW (HIRA) and Permit systems (preferred but not essential)
- Be compliant and engage with company policies, targets, goals and standards
- Be IT literate
Location: Loughborough, Leicestershire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/112/1436