Who are we?
We are Motorpoint, the UK’s leading omnichannel retailer nearly new cars. We have ambitious plans to make car buying as easy as possible in whatever way our customers want. Online? We deliver. In store? We deliver. At home? We deliver (we literally do)
You will be joining Motorpoint during a very exciting time, as we are undergoing a massive digital transformation and are continuing to expand across the UK. This means you will have the opportunity to positively impact, build and influence the growth of the company.
We believe that by creating a fantastic place to work for our colleagues, we will create the best possible experience for our customers and that will fuel the growth of our amazing business and the careers and opportunities for our colleagues.
So if you want to work with an amazing group of people, who are fun, friendly and get stuff done and who bring our values to life – PROUD, HAPPY, HONEST, SUPPORTIVE – by working TOGETHER, than Motorpoint is the place to be and we are on a mission!
Head of Data & Business Intelligence
Location: Hybrid – Travel into our Derby office 1-2 times a week
Head Of Data
As the Head of Data, you will be highly motivated to lead the team and drive data initiatives across the organisation. This role will be responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive data strategy that leverages out data to drive growth, customer insights and operational excellence. You will work as part of the leadership team to ensure that data initiatives align with the company’s overall strategic objectives.
What will you get up to?
- Manage, lead and grow a high performing data team across Analytics, Reporting & Measurement, BI and Data Science.
- Provide guidance, mentorship and coaching to ensure delivery of high quality and timely work.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify data needs and opportunities for leveraging data to improve business performance
- Drive the design and development of our data architecture, ensuring it supports business needs and is scalable.
- Work with the leadership team to identify new opportunities and areas for growth, leveraging out data to drive decision making.
- Provide technical expertise and best practice to support and guide the business in all aspects of data.
What do we need from you?
- Experience working in a fast-paced and high growth environment, within ecommerce/retail/grocery/tech.
- Extensive experience working in a data leadership role, with the ability to be hands on in the day to day.
- Track record of leading and growing high performing teams of data specialists, managing multiple projects and working cross-functionally to deliver results.
- Demonstrated the development of data strategy which has proven to drive growth and commercialise data.
- Highly analytical, with excellent problem solving – ability to translate complex data in to insights and actionable recommendations.
- Good knowledge of a variety of data tools – Snowflake, Google Analytics etc.
What’s in it for you?
- Paid time off every month to do something that makes you happy – yep that’s right!
- Days off for your birthday, getting married or moving house
- Discounts & cashback at hundreds of high street retailers & restaurants through our “My M.O.T” platform
- Staff discount of cars and finance options
- Cycle to work
- Quarterly Team nights out
- Additional holidays for length of service
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Long service awards
- Plus much more!
Here at Motorpoint we want it to be some where everyone can be themselves, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community where everyone regardless of who they are or their background can feel equal and supported
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and would ask you to get in touch if you are concerned about any barriers you feel you may be facing in your application process with us, so we can ensure they are removed