Salary: £45000 – £50000
Shift hours: Permanent
Head Pastry Chef
On-going training and development
Perks at work
Catering partner, Levy UK are on the lookout for a creative and passionate Head Pastry Chef to join the team and the Excel Centre in London!
Overall Purpose of the Role:
To supervise and prepare, assemble, cook all menu dishes, providing high quality dishes for the customer and client. Assist in general cleaning of the kitchen, maintaining high standards of hygiene. Drive sales through centrally driven menu plans and promotions and ensure compliance through preferred suppliers. Provide high quality service to customers and client in line with a food service offer that is applicable to sector and client.
- To Supervise and prepare, cook and assemble menus aligned to client environment and centrally driven menus and promotions where appropriate
- Set portion control and ensure all food is purchased in the first instance from our preferred list of suppliers wherever possible
- To ensure all food is stored, handled and packed at the correct temperature and in accordance with Food Handling and Hygiene Regulations.
- To maintain records of temperatures and remedial action taken where necessary, reporting all issues to your line manager
- Use machinery as shown and trained to ensure equipment is used safely and in accordance with legislation, and reporting of equipment issues to your line manager
- To ensure that work areas are kept clean and that all waste is recorded and disposed of correctly.
- To be competent and skilled to work in all areas of preparation, cook and counter service.
- Ensure the quality and presentation of the food is to the highest standard and specification.
- Ensure the quality and the presentation of hospitality catering is to the highest standard
- To comply with all Health and safety legislation.
Who we are:
Levy UK + Ireland is the sports and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland. It is the market leader in the provision of legendary food and drink experiences at some of the UK’s most significant sporting, arena, and leisure venues.
Through strong client partnerships, Levy UK + Ireland creates bespoke food concepts, service standards and pioneering design, implementing a guest-first approach and ongoing innovation at each venue. With a company-wide passion for food, Levy UK + Ireland creates menus and food experiences that feature fantastic seasonal dishes, with a strong focus on British ingredients.
As well as providing tailor-made concepts for its clients, Levy UK + Ireland also delivers corporate hospitality, event catering, venue sourcing and support services, through its portfolio of businesses. These include Keith Prowse, Payne and Gunter, and Lime Venue Portfolio.
LinkedIn Levy UK
Instagram @Levy_UK_ Ireland
Levy UK + Ireland is a sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland which is part of Compass Group Plc, the world’s leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services on our clients’ premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business + Industry, Defence, Offshore + Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports + Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.
Compass Group UK+I