We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join the LFC Foundation team as a Health Coordinator. The LFC Foundation currently delivers a number of children’s health programmes including MOVE, an exercise referral programme that supports children with respiratory conditions and obesity issues, to access physical activity in the community but also in a supported environment. This role will oversee the day-to-day coordination of the children’s health programmes and a large element will involve exercise/activity delivery and weight management educational workshops.
You will work closely with the Health Manager to establish strong and lasting relationships with Primary Care staff and other health professionals. You will provide specialist coaching support for children with CF, asthma and obesity issues. As well as, deliver weight management sessions to families and support them to make positive lifestyle changes.
What will you be doing?
- Deliver activity sessions in the community
- Deliver the projects in line with the project plans ensuring all KPI’s are met
- Ensure quality and safeguarding standards are achieved and maintained
- Work closely with partner organisations
- Support the development of all children’s health programmes
- To encourage and mentor participants to access our community activities and workshops
- Support beneficiaries to identify and access physical activity opportunities in their local area that reflect their needs, interests and abilities
- Deliver the projects as per the project budgets
- Ensure effective collection of all monitoring and evaluation data
- Record data on LFC Foundation databases
- Provide timely reports and analysis of performance
- Ensure case studies and PR opportunities are regularly undertaken in line with Club and Foundation guidelines
- Provide content for LFC Foundation social media
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role, you will need proven experience of working with children and adults in an exercise environment and achieving lasting behaviour change. You will hold a Level 3 Exercise Referral Qualification or above. You will have an understanding of the issues around physical activity and behaviour change for children and young people living with long-term health conditions. Also, you will have experience delivering wight management sessions or similar.
The successful candidate will have empathy, be resilience and have excellent interpersonal skills. This role requires you to have excellent organisational skills and able to communicate effectively.
Why should you apply?
This is a full-time fixed term role covering maternity, working 35 hours per week. Your main base will Anfield Sport Community Centre.
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays and the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days) and a contributory pension scheme.
You will have access to our benefits kit bag where you can get high street discounts, and a selection of benefit schemes you can join. There are opportunities to get involved with volunteering through our LFC Foundation to give back to the local community.
At Liverpool Football Club, we have an unwavering commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and are always looking to making a positive difference in the communities that we operate within. We are proud of our achievements in this area; maintaining the Premier League Equality Standard Advanced Level, becoming a founding signatory of the Football Association’s Football Leadership Diversity Code and being recognised as a leader in this important area on and off the pitch. We take our responsibilities in this area seriously and through the work being done across the club, we are committed to increasing the diversity of our people and becoming an increasingly inclusive workplace for all. We are committed to hiring great people representative of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills across our entire business. If you share our enthusiasm and passion for inclusivity, then we want to hear from you.
Liverpool FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all Colleagues and Volunteers to share this commitment. This role is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Location: ASCC Breckside Park / Lower Breck Road Liverpool
Closing Date: 2023-03-30